`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trades to Canada

RE: Trades to Canada
I work by the border and have some friends from Canada that work in the US. When I need to ship to Canada, I give my packages to them when I can. I recently mailed an Ultimate Memorabilia card in a bubble mailer from the US side, $7.50. When I mailed the same thing and gave it to my Canadian friend to mail on his side, $1.20.

Its crazy how much the shipping can be internationally

Shierydana, in answer to your question, I use usps. What shipping company do you use that you're only paying $3.00???? When I questioned the usps, years ago about the shipping, I was told by a friend that works there that people that are paying less are sending as a letter. But when you send as a letter it goes through a series of rollers that could potentially damage the card. It doesn't always, but the potential is there, especially when sending thicker cards or cards that are in solid holders, ie magnetic. I have used both paypal multi order shipping and usps, and found them to be the "cheapest." In my last trade to canada, which is going on a couple weeks, I first looked at ups and their price was higher than usps first class international. So please, if anyone is using a cheaper service to ship to Canada, share the wealth so we can all use it. I would love to make note trades with my friends to the north, but I can't justify paying almost 10 dollars in shipping, when I could just use ebay and pick it up cheaper. I hope there really is all cheaper service, but I am doubtful there is one. Have Have a great night everyone and remember, if you come all cross a Gaudreau or Gostisbehere, it doesn't matter what country you're in, hit me up!!!! - Joe

I'm using stamps.com, and if the padded envelope is less than 4 oz., I rarely pay more than $4 to ship.

I will have to give that a try. Thanks for the info. Is shipping inside the us cheaper too? I think the lowest I can pay is 2.54. It used to be 1.92, then it went to 2.07. If you get a chance, let me know what you pay for continental shipping. Thanks - Joe

Within the US, First-Class Mail Large Envelope/Flat (3 Days) is about $1.70 (4 oz.).

First-Class Mail Package/Thick Envelope (3 Days) (7 oz.) is about $2.60.

Granted, you have to pay a monthly fee for the service, but I never have to drive to or wait in line at the post office!

With usps, I don't go to the post office anymore either. I schedule a pick up and don't even have to be home for them to get it. I knew there had to be a catch. With all the monthly payments I already make, netflix, nhl.tv,etc, I'll pass on paying another one. Thanks for the info though. I'll definitely keep it in mind. -Joe