`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ichiro Suzuki question.

RE: Ichiro Suzuki question.
I said Just for fun. I already knew all that.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

Speaking of Ichiro, he has a few milestones coming this season. Most notably his 3,000th hit. Other milestones he might hit this season: 350th double, 100th triple, 500th stolen base, and 600th walk.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(01-18-2016, 05:08 PM)djohn Wrote: Speaking of Ichiro, he has a few milestones coming this season. Most notably his 3,000th hit. Other milestones he might hit this season: 350th double, 100th triple, 500th stolen base, and 600th walk.
Yes, and it's simply amazing that he was 27 his rookie year in MLB. This guy is a stud and should probably have "STUD" on his jersey lol. A very special player no matter how you see it.
And I'm sure Red Sox fans remember the only other player other than Ichiro to win the MVP AND Rookie of the Year Awards in the same season....Fred Lynn!
(01-18-2016, 01:19 PM)bonds20001 Wrote: Removed post....did not read POSITION PLAYER..sorry..I am an idiot!!
Don't remove it lol, still a fun fact in baseball history that you posted!
[Image: image.jpg]

(01-18-2016, 07:41 AM)Hofcollector Wrote: In Japan Suzuki is a very common last name so in order to differentiate himself (remember he was a MEGA star there), they allowed him to use his first name on his jersey. When he came to the MLB he was allowed to continue doing so but by then it was more of a brand name and marketing ploy by himself and the MLB.

Thank you I did not know this.

(01-18-2016, 09:45 AM)Dub24rollin Wrote: Exactly, Suzuki in Japan could be compared to Smith in the United States in terms of commonness. Also remember he was the 1st Japanese born POSITION player to be posted and signed to the major leagues. He was a big deal over there and obviously became a big deal very quickly over here.
thank you and since he has never played for the team i support he has never become a big deal to me, to me he is just another player.

I was looking at Nolan Ryan cards on eBay, just like always, when miami marlins card caught my crossed eye. You know, that very colorful logo. So, I looked at it and saw that it was an ichiro Strata card. I didn't know ichiro played for miami?
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(01-28-2016, 04:45 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: I was looking at Nolan Ryan cards on eBay, just like always, when miami marlins card caught my crossed eye. You know, that very colorful logo. So, I looked at it and saw that it was an ichiro Strata card. I didn't know ichiro played for miami?
Right field. He actually filled in for Stanton when he went down. I guess he and Giancarlo have become great friends, but are extremely funny to see together because of the size difference.