`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't even know what to say to this...

Don't even know what to say to this...
So a few weeks ago I submitted 20+ cards to Beckett to have graded. I went to the FedEx location today and picked my box of cards up eager to see how I did. I got home and cracked the box open and pulled out the first card.

It was a 2015 Panini National Convention VIP Party Autographs card of Kris Bryant serial numbered 4/5. BGS serial #0009009116. It graded out at a 9.5/10. Needless to say I was very pleased.

Then I noticed the card is not like the rest. It was sloppy inside the case and was not holding in place. Upon further inspection, I see the soft sleeve type thing they encase each card in prior to encasing them in the hard exterior shell is not heat sealed at the top/sides like the other 20+ cards I received. Thus the card now shows damage all along the edges/corners because somebody didn't bother to take five second and heat seal the edges!! I'm so pissed!!! Did I mention there are ONLY 5 COPIES OF THIS CARD IN THE WHOLE WORLD?

I insured the package for $1000 but this is not a FedEx problem so I'm not sure what to do. I sent an email to Beckett but they don't give you enough room to tell them the issue in detail. So it is listed as BECKETT DAMAGED MY CARD with a brief please call me so we can fix this issue.

This is the complete story. So I ask you Beckett forum members, what would be a reasonable solution? It is still a 9.5/10 and encased. I could always try to sell it but that would be a total D move. And if I send it back to Beckett, they sure as hell would not grade it at the same grade again, right? How screwed up would that be? I am really too disappointed over the whole thing right now so I'll just wait and see what you guys thing would be a reasonable solution.

Thanks all.

Pete

RE: Don't even know what to say to this...
You break it, you bought it. Start negotiations high and ask to speak your area sales representative. Trying to negotiate with someone who doesn't understand the hobby or much English is going to be infuriating.

(01-16-2016, 02:45 PM)BGS_Graded_Card_Guy Wrote: So a few weeks ago I submitted 20+ cards to Beckett to have graded. I went to the FedEx location today and picked my box of cards up eager to see how I did. I got home and cracked the box open and pulled out the first card.

It was a 2015 Panini National Convention VIP Party Autographs card of Kris Bryant serial numbered 4/5. BGS serial #0009009116. It graded out at a 9.5/10. Needless to say I was very pleased.

Then I noticed the card is not like the rest. It was sloppy inside the case and was not holding in place. Upon further inspection, I see the soft sleeve type thing they encase each card in prior to encasing them in the hard exterior shell is not heat sealed at the top/sides like the other 20+ cards I received. Thus the card now shows damage all along the edges/corners because somebody didn't bother to take five second and heat seal the edges!! I'm so pissed!!! Did I mention there are ONLY 5 COPIES OF THIS CARD IN THE WHOLE WORLD?

I insured the package for $1000 but this is not a FedEx problem so I'm not sure what to do. I sent an email to Beckett but they don't give you enough room to tell them the issue in detail. So it is listed as BECKETT DAMAGED MY CARD with a brief please call me so we can fix this issue.

This is the complete story. So I ask you Beckett forum members, what would be a reasonable solution? It is still a 9.5/10 and encased. I could always try to sell it but that would be a total D move. And if I send it back to Beckett, they sure as hell would not grade it at the same grade again, right? How screwed up would that be? I am really too disappointed over the whole thing right now so I'll just wait and see what you guys thing would be a reasonable solution.

Thanks all.

Pete
That's a bummer man... I'm hoping my dynasty cards don't come back jacked up... I've had a few quality concerns with BGS & how they came back after grading... A lot of the inner sleeves are not sealed all of the way which is just a reflection of carelessness on their grader's part... I would contact Beckett and have them offer up a solution first ... And then compare it to your own personal opinion whether they truly care about you as their customer or not ....
[Image: 0nO6KkN.jpg]
L@@K: "The McCardlane Collection" ... All right here!!!
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/rollx8/l...LB%20Cards

I would settle for a regrade. With an additional 100 cards of my choosing for grading at no expense to me.
I would try this route. Or negotiate a price for the card just remember doesn't matter who you deal with all ways get it in wrighting to protect the both of you
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

I had a similar situation where a card had the top portion sliding down in the holder. No damage to the card like your situation, but I was able to find the local rep and talked to him. If you need a name, send me a PM, maybe the guy local here in the southeast can at least put you in touch with someone to help.

Sorry to hear about the damage. I've always been a little leery about sending stuff off. Not only do we have to deal with shipping issues, now the company that grades and slabs your card in a case may damage them as well.
Thanks,
- Steve

Whatever happens, you are 100 percent correct about the fact that it would be very dooshy to sell it as a 9.5.

I agree with Wayne, I think 100 free gradings is a good place to start.

That Bryant is literally irreplaceable.

Can you post a pic of the card?

(01-19-2016, 09:20 PM)schootay Wrote: Can you post a pic of the card?
+1
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

Keeping everybody updated, I sent the card back to Beckett and they did confirm it was damaged "in shipping". It regraded at a 7.5 after all the banging around in the case. They gave me two options.

1. I could keep the BGS 7.5/10 and take a $200 credit towards grading services.

2. They keep the card and would issue me a refund of $300.

I took option number 2. A 7.5/10 BGS Bryant would not fit in my collection anywhere and the $300 refund would cover the entire purchase of the card plus the initial grading charges.

Still waiting for the refund (2-3 weeks to get so still on track as I was late sending them info as I travel a lot for work) but I don't expect any problems. Thoughts?

Well, it's certainly fair for now so kudos to them stepping up. It does stink though knowing if Bryant developed into something really special that card becomes a nice little rare gem that someone would pay dearly for.