`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
2015 Contenders

2015 Contenders
I got into 3 cases over the weekend, got my team, the packers Smile I figured I'd give it a couple shots to see if I could pull a nice Rodgers or Favre, but no such luck. I got a few decent packer cards, but nothing that justified the money on the breaks.

The best card I saw pulled was Tyler Lockett cracked Ice. Lots of Jeremy Langford, Jameson Crowder, and Vince Mayle for the Browns. A lot of no names. Just about everything was sticker autos too. The one cool thing I saw this year, was coaches autos. I saw a Sean Payton, and whats-his-name from Atlanta.

So, unless you are dead set on trying for Mariota or Winston, I'd recommend waiting on the product until prices come down. I'm sure they will, as the quality was pretty crumby from a release like Contenders.

Just thought I'd throw a quick review out there.

RE: 2015 Contenders
Also, stay away from retail jumbo packs ... I bought two, all base except for a Rodgers MVP insert in one of them.

THANX FOR KEEPING ME INFORMED.
COLLECT DALLAS COWBOYS, MICHIGAN WOLVERINES IN COLLEGE UNI, KELVIN BENJAMIN JASON WITTEN & 2012 TOPPS CHROME DEMARCUS WARE RAINBOW (WANTS MARKED).

It's cool to get coaches involved again. With so many base sets that serve up the same players it's nice to see the under appreciated get some hobby love. I remember one year they did a kickers insert set that was pretty snazzy and as a former olineman I always like seeing those cards get cardboard representation.

Having said that, bummer on seeing so many poor cases. Nice to see Panini getting a head start on their monopo... err, exclusive rights on printing NFL cards.

(01-12-2016, 11:22 PM)jplarson Wrote: It's cool to get coaches involved again. With so many base sets that serve up the same players it's nice to see the under appreciated get some hobby love. I remember one year they did a kickers insert set that was pretty snazzy and as a former olineman I always like seeing those cards get cardboard representation.

Having said that, bummer on seeing so many poor cases. Nice to see Panini getting a head start on their monopo... err, exclusive rights on printing NFL cards.
Lol! Yeah, the coach cards are really neat, and hopefully I can grab a couple from some of the coaches I like, and I like their veteran autos when they sometimes pull in some guys you don't see as often. Problem is, for the money they charge, there aren't enough good hits, or parallels, to make it worth it. I mean, at $160 or so a box, that's insane when you pull all practice squad players! It's great when a guy like Rawls breaks out, or say John Crockett for the Packers at some point, but then they gotta charge less per box. It's insane! I'll be using my money elsewhere that's for sure.

(01-11-2016, 03:33 PM)savagenate Wrote: The best card I saw pulled was Tyler Lockett cracked Ice. Lots of Jeremy Langford, Jameson Crowder, and Vince Mayle for the Browns. A lot of no names. Just about everything was sticker autos too. The one cool thing I saw this year, was coaches autos. I saw a Sean Payton, and whats-his-name from Atlanta.
Funny, the on card RPS auto in my box was a Variation Playoff Ticket Jamison Crowder - at least he's not completely terrible (52 catches for 660 yards, 2 touchdowns as a rookie) - but he's probably not going to be a star.

Langford isn't terrible - he may well replace Matt Forte in Chicago - but his cards are everywhere and he may wind up like Tre Mason (remember him?) last year

Vince Mayle couldn't even make the Brown's roster

The Lockett Cracked Ice is a good card - but that simply should not be the best thing in three cases.

I guess Panini knowing they will have a monopoly just doesn't care - even with a monopoly they will still flood the market and make it next to impossible to actually pull good autos.

Yep buying singles is the best way anymore
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

(01-11-2016, 03:33 PM)savagenate Wrote: I got into 3 cases over the weekend, got my team, the packers Smile I figured I'd give it a couple shots to see if I could pull a nice Rodgers or Favre, but no such luck. I got a few decent packer cards, but nothing that justified the money on the breaks.

The best card I saw pulled was Tyler Lockett cracked Ice. Lots of Jeremy Langford, Jameson Crowder, and Vince Mayle for the Browns. A lot of no names. Just about everything was sticker autos too. The one cool thing I saw this year, was coaches autos. I saw a Sean Payton, and whats-his-name from Atlanta.

So, unless you are dead set on trying for Mariota or Winston, I'd recommend waiting on the product until prices come down. I'm sure they will, as the quality was pretty crumby from a release like Contenders.

thanks for the review, i brought a box and got the auto's, the best was a cobb. i gave up and brought a mariota rookie on the secondary market for the cost of a box and a half. It should arrive in the next day or so.

I collect Eddie George, Marcus Mariota, Derrick Henry, Corey Davis and other titans
my bucket
http://s608.photobucket.com/user/aussiet...n/library/

[Image: Header_Mariota_zpsddsop4z4.jpg][/URL]

(01-13-2016, 12:06 PM)ZSDOne Wrote: Funny, the on card RPS auto in my box was a Variation Playoff Ticket Jamison Crowder - at least he's not completely terrible (52 catches for 660 yards, 2 touchdowns as a rookie) - but he's probably not going to be a star.

Langford isn't terrible - he may well replace Matt Forte in Chicago - but his cards are everywhere and he may wind up like Tre Mason (remember him?) last year

Vince Mayle couldn't even make the Brown's roster

The Lockett Cracked Ice is a good card - but that simply should not be the best thing in three cases.

I guess Panini knowing they will have a monopoly just doesn't care - even with a monopoly they will still flood the market and make it next to impossible to actually pull good autos.
Fricken Vince Mayle is in every box/case I see opened lol. Someone should grab all his cards for the $1 they are worth just in case he breaks out lol.

(01-17-2016, 04:40 AM)titansaussiefan Wrote: thanks for the review, i brought a box and got the auto's, the best was a cobb. i gave up and brought a mariota rookie on the secondary market for the cost of a box and a half. It should arrive in the next day or so.
Yeah, might be the best way to go. I was hoping to get lucky and strike a Rodgers or Favre. For $120 I thought it was worth it, since I can't afford to buy a $300 plus auto of theres as a single if it's pulled. But I'm done...I had my try and the card gods frowned on me Sad lol!

(01-11-2016, 03:33 PM)savagenate Wrote: I got into 3 cases over the weekend, got my team, the packers Smile I figured I'd give it a couple shots to see if I could pull a nice Rodgers or Favre, but no such luck. I got a few decent packer cards, but nothing that justified the money on the breaks.

Want to trade the Lockett?
*****READ***READ***READ***READ***READ*****
:IdeaIdea:
I do not guarantee fast shipping.
I usually ship on Saturdays.