`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Any Ideas or Thoughts...????

Any Ideas or Thoughts...????
After being out of collecting for roughly a year and a half I've decided it's time to get back into it! So, I'm looking for some ideas or thoughts on what I should be purchasing. I was very fed up with Panini 2-3 years ago...to put it mildly. Spent a lot of money on their product and was very upset on what I was pulling. I'm not opposed to trying them again, but was seeing what everyone else was buying. And what kind of luck you've been getting. Thanks for your feedback!
Always looking for Twins and Vikings.

http://s1321.beta.photobucket.com/user/e...3/library/

RE: Any Ideas or Thoughts...????
(01-10-2016, 08:54 PM)edubbs13 Wrote: I was very fed up with Panini 2-3 years ago...to put it mildly.
Buckle up, Panini has exclusive rights to produce NFL cards starting in 2016. That's not to say Topps, Leaf, Sage, etc won't make cards, but they won't be "official" so get ready for airbrushing of logos and mentions to the cities they play in.

Topps Platinum is pretty nice - you get two autos and an auto patch per hobby box - the odds of getting an auto out of the non-relic blasters are pretty good too

Topps Valor is also good.

I'd avoid anything Panini like the plague - I haven't gotten a single good hit from a Panini product since 2013.

And I'm not sure if Topps will make an unlicensed football product - at least not immediately

Depending on who you collect...Contenders is awesome if you collect Redskins, Bears, or Browns lol. I watched 3 cases opened, and it was crazy the amount of guys they have in there. That being said, most autos are completely worthless, and the parallels aren't worth that kind of money for look. Valor was fun, I opened one box of that. If you go after rainbows, Prizm or platinum might bet the most colorful ones.

Thanks for all your replies. I did get a kick out of your response savagenate regarding redskins, bears or browns! Lol! I'll make sure to run right out and pick those up! I was looking at Valor and Platinum. I did like Bowman and Topps 2-4 years ago. And Prizm was a product I liked.

I BUY MID RANGE STUFF. I HAVE YET TO BUY A HOBBY BOX. EVERY IT LOOKS LIKE I BUY A COUPLE OF PACKS OF DIFFERENT BRANDS. IF I FEEL I AM DOING GOOD I WILL CONTINUE WITH THAT ONE BRAND I AM HAVING SUCCESS WITH. ONE BRAND THAT I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN FOND OF BUT HAVE NEVER HAD SUCCESS WITH IS ROOKIES & STARS.
COLLECT DALLAS COWBOYS, MICHIGAN WOLVERINES IN COLLEGE UNI, KELVIN BENJAMIN JASON WITTEN & 2012 TOPPS CHROME DEMARCUS WARE RAINBOW (WANTS MARKED).

Prism is fun, if you don't mind the gazillion parallels. I do like the colors, so it keeps me coming back. Valor, I love the way the hits look. Platinum has been putting out some nice cards lately too. Keep us posted Smile

Buy singles off ebay
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

I appreciated all the input everyone gave regarding products to purchase. Just placed my order and here's what I ended up ordering...2 boxes 2015 Bowman Chrome Baseball, 1 box 2015 Topps Chrome Baseball, 1 box 2015 Topps Platinum Football and 2 Boxes 2015 Topps Valor Football. Stayed with the product I liked before with Bowman and Topps. Will post results when I receive the product and bust the boxes!

(01-13-2016, 05:35 PM)edubbs13 Wrote: I appreciated all the input everyone gave regarding products to purchase. Just placed my order and here's what I ended up ordering...2 boxes 2015 Bowman Chrome Baseball, 1 box 2015 Topps Chrome Baseball, 1 box 2015 Topps Platinum Football and 2 Boxes 2015 Topps Valor Football. Stayed with the product I liked before with Bowman and Topps. Will post results when I receive the product and bust the boxes!
CAN'T WAIT! HAVE A GOOD BREAK!
COLLECT DALLAS COWBOYS, MICHIGAN WOLVERINES IN COLLEGE UNI, KELVIN BENJAMIN JASON WITTEN & 2012 TOPPS CHROME DEMARCUS WARE RAINBOW (WANTS MARKED).