`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Information on Japanese Cards

Information on Japanese Cards
Awhile back I purchased some cards, purely for aesthetic reasons. I wasn't overly interested in collecting a set, I just liked the way they look. After having them in a box for a while, I stumbled upon them, and tried looking up who made them, but after searching high and low, I've found nothing. Unfortunately the backs are completely blank and since I don't know Japanese, I have no clue what it says on the cards.

Maybe some of you more knowledgeable collectors might know. Thanks!

(If a larger scan is needed to read the writing, or for any reason, I'd be happy to try to get a bigger scan of the cards.)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: Information on Japanese Cards
Sorry I can't help you identify your cards. Those are small scans.

Back in 1981 I stumbled upon a little antiques shop that had boxes of baseball cards on the floor under a bookshelf. There must have been several hundred Japanese cards. I crouched there on the floor for the better part of an hour shuffling through them looking for the only Japanese player I had ever heard of, Sadahuru Oh who I knew wore uniform #1 for the Tokyo Giants. I finally found this card and bought it for a nickel.

I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

Wow! Nice find! Any idea what it's worth nowadays?

I went ahead and took pictures of them so you can get a better look.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Those look very cool. Appear to have some age on them as well. Hopefully someone comes along that can assist. If not I know a vintage forum or two that might be able to help.
My Bucket - w/ PC & Up For Sale Scans (NOT BACK UP TO DATE YET)

Nice stuff guys. I did some looking bout could not identify the 4 smaller scans. The Sadaharu Oh card is from the 1967 Kabaya Leaf set. Maybe the guys at Net 54 Baseball could identify those. You could also try to contact Prestige Collectibles. The founder Gary Engle wrote the book on vintage Japanese Baseball cards.

Scott
50,000+ Red Sox cards and counting.

(01-10-2016, 09:45 PM)the cardboard fan Wrote: Those look very cool. Appear to have some age on them as well. Hopefully someone comes along that can assist. If not I know a vintage forum or two that might be able to help.
Thanks! I really thought the design looked really simple, but the colors popped. All I know is that when I bought them they were labled "1950 Japanese Baseball Card" and then what looked to be a single name of the player. I tried contacting the seller a couple of times, but they haven't ever responded back.

I've tried all over the place with no luck. I think I'll try Prestige Collectibles, but hopefully someone might stumble upon here with an answer. I'll also try Net54. If not, I'll bug you again for some help. :-)

Net54 is a good resource for vintage.
My Bucket - w/ PC & Up For Sale Scans (NOT BACK UP TO DATE YET)

are you guys on facebook? a good friend of mine is very knowledgable in jap baseball cards

send me a request and pm me ill hook you up with him
https://www.facebook.com/rob.greenberg.75