`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Non-paying Ebay buyers?

RE: Non-paying Ebay buyers?
There is a tracker that is right in your feed. It dissappears if the accumulative doesn't hit the $5 in the specified time. You should actually see on every buy it now and so on how that purchase will give back to you even before you buy.
My Bucket - w/ PC & Up For Sale Scans (NOT BACK UP TO DATE YET)

(01-03-2016, 04:43 PM)crossada Wrote: I didn't know what they were til this year and they have made a huge difference.

I share ebay with the immediate family and the purchases have sometimes added up to $200 in free money.
When I purchased my Banks rookie I received a special 10% back in ebay bucks so turned that into a 1956 Banks.

(01-03-2016, 12:58 PM)pacrimcollectibles Wrote: You can set up your listings so eBay will file the Unpaid Items cases automatically. It's called the Unpaid Item Assistant program and is available in several different formats. I use Turbo Lister for all my listings and have it set on all of them to file the case on the fourth day of non-payment. The buyer then has four more days to pay. I find it less of a headache to let eBay do the work for me.
I have the unpaid item at 4 days...says so in my listings..still takes a week to get the refund of fees and relist item..can be a problem if it is a hot card...

Good luck

(01-02-2016, 05:56 PM)phoenixrising34 Wrote: Don't cancel the orders, they can still leave feedback if you do.
What you need to do is open an Unpaid Item case on both. It's allowed after 4 days of non payment.
To the right of each item in your Sold Items screen is a drop down scroll with several options, choose the resolve a problem if memory serves and that should take you to the Unpaid Item case. Once 4 more days go by without payment, they'll get an unpaid item strike, you'll get fees back, and they CAN'T leave feedback or it will be removed if they don't pay.
Once you get that figured out, go into your Site Preferences and set it so that eBay automatically opens the case for you after 4 days. That's how I've had mine set for years, easy peasy.
You can open non-paying bidder cases after 2 days of no payment now actually. Then in 4 more days you can close giving you your selling fee back and an unpaid strike to the high bidder.

Another thought is set it up so that anyone who purchases from you requires immediate payment before the sale is final. I have had the same problem as you have and it is very frustrating. doing this may help alleviate some of your problems too

(01-06-2016, 03:41 PM)diablo71 Wrote: Another thought is set it up so that anyone who purchases from you requires immediate payment before the sale is final. I have had the same problem as you have and it is very frustrating. doing this may help alleviate some of your problems too
But isn't this just Buy It Now items?

And the eBay Bucks is 2% back; sometimes more IF they do a special. I'm really surprised that so few people know about it. eBay's been doing it for years and years and years.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

The unpaid process can start after 2 days, buyer gets an ebay notice plus 4 more days to pay, then item either gets paid or sale is cancelled. I don't use the auto feature cause once in awhile the buyer asks for an extra day to pay prior to bidding & they would get the UPI process against them started if i don't manually turn it off.
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered

I use the auto because I feel 4 days is enough time to pay..where else can you buy something, not pay for it, and have it held for free?

You win the auction..pay..simple transaction really...

4 days is normal, I think, but if they need more time..I cancel the auto...however..the last 2 times I have done that..the buyer NEVER PAID..wasted 2 weeks!!!

Lesson learned...buy/pay/get card..process is not complicated

I would like to add this.

Non-paying bidders are a-- hats.

Don't be an a-- hat.

If you follow that rule most days of your life, you'll do fairly well for yourself overall.

I just bought a card for a great price on Amazon, paid right away, and almost three weeks later, nothing from the seller. No card, no shipping info, no "hey, sorry, I've been on vacation" or whatever.

He was a new seller, so normally I would stay away and let him make his token screw-ups with someone else first, but the price was too good to pass up.

I'm assuming he listed the card for way too low of a price, realized his mistake and is just being an a-- hat.

So I canceled his sorry a-- and moved on.

There is no repercussion for these deadbeats. Like pack searchers, you just have to accept that there is a certain level of dooshery in this hobby and move on.