`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
How do you sort through a stack of cards?

How do you sort through a stack of cards?
I've been going through all of my stacks of cards from years past and for some reason I started noticing how I was going through them. I hold a stack in my right hand, then slide the cards from the bottom of the deck over to my left. Sometimes depending on where card numbers are, I'll slide from the top of the deck using my thumb but it's always going from right to left.

How do you sort yours and do you have any idiosyncrasies when going through a stack of cards?

RE: How do you sort through a stack of cards?
I had to think about it some. If the card # is on the right I hold the card in my left hand and vice versa. I slide from the top to the opposite hand I'm holding the stack in. If the card # is in the middle I slide it toward the top. Weird, never really thought about it til now. Had to grab a few stacks cause I knew I didn't always do it the same way.

Are we talking base and inserts, stuff like that? If so, mine is simple.

I grab a stack, place in a box. Repeat until all stacks are gone from my desk. Close box/boxes, deliver to the local Children's Hospital. DONE.

Anything under $3 generally doesn't stay around here, I have no desire to have 847 5000ct monster boxes all over.
[Image: Evil_Dead2.gif]

I usually hold them in my left hand, and slide from the top left to the right...I never really thought about it lol. If it's a brand new pack, I usually set it on the table, and pick them up one by one with my right hand, only on the edges, to keep them nice. Good thread! Smile

left hand to right hand from the top. Immediately set aside any card that catches my interest.
I collect Peyton Manning and Griffey Jr.
My Bucket: http://s444.photobucket.com/albums/qq164/soccerscrub78
[Image: manning-griffeybanner2.jpg]

As long as I can see the number on the back when shifting from hand-to-hand, I'm good.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.