`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
If this were your collection how much would you sell for? Advice needed

If this were your collection how much would you sell for? Advice needed
First off Happy Holidays to everyone and your famillies. I sold a large chunk of my collection off throughout the last half of this year including all high dollar stuff. I have about 15,000 cards of stars, semistars, HOF, Inserts, Parallels, Numbered, Refractors, RCs, Autos, GU, commons left over, along with the following brand new supplies. The BV on the cards is around $17,000. I am looking at moving everyting all at once. I know I am not sitting on a gold mine but I got a couple offers that seem a little low to me. One would be a local pickup and that offer was less but the other was one where I would have to ship everything out. It is everything in my Organize plus a little more. If it were your collection what would be a fair price you would accept for local pickup and what about for the offer that I would have to ship everything out? Thanks for any help. I'm lost in the woods on this one.
1 box (100 sheets) BCW 9 pocket pages
38 packs of BCW Standard Toploads 25 toploads per pack
55 packs of BCW standard penny sleeves 100 sleeves per pack
1 pack Ultra Pro Thick Toploads 55 point 25 toploads per pack
1 pack BCW Thick Toploads 197 point 10 toploads per pack
1 pack Ultra Pro Thick Toploads 120 point 10 toploads per pack
9 Pro Mold 20 point One Touch Magnetic Holders
1 Pro Mold 50 point One Touch Magnetic Holder
6 Pro Mold 80 point One Touch Magnetic Holders
3 Pro Mold 120 point One Touch Magnetic Holders
2 Pro Mold 150 point One Touch Magnetic Holders
1 Ultra Pro 360 point ONe Touch Magnetic Holders
7 packs of BCW Card Dividers 10 dividers per pack
1 pack of BCW Team Bags 100 bags per pack
1 pack of Ultra Pro Team Bags 100 bags per pack

RE: If this were your collection how much would you sell for? Advice needed
If you're using Beckett to guide your BV, you're mistaken. If someone offers you $8,000 cash, take it.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

Yes if you got 50% you'd be doing amazing. I think most people snatched up bulk lots more in the 30-40% of high BV range out the door.
My Bucket - w/ PC & Up For Sale Scans (NOT BACK UP TO DATE YET)

(12-28-2015, 12:34 PM)the cardboard fan Wrote: Yes if you got 50% you'd be doing amazing. I think most people snatched up bulk lots more in the 30-40% of high BV range out the door.
Honestly, if people offered me 30% BV for my collection I would jump all over it. 40% I would be in Heaven From what I see from many people unless there are some really rare inserts, autos etc. they try to offer around 10% - 15% at most. Just my experience when I have tried to sell in bulk before. Maybe I just haven't found the right people.
Probably why I still have almost all my stuff.

Happy Holidays to you and yours also. If selling in bulk (and if what you have in your org is what your selling) expect no more than 10%-15% BV....and in all honesty, that's a streach.

My suggestion would be to sell to the local buyer. I assume that your supplies are not opened. If so, throw them in for another $50-$75.

Good luck.....the hardest part of getting rid of cards in bulk, is that people will not pay much.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

Yes I've sold my auto and graded card collections off in the past and averaged 34% but after looking at what he is referring to with base, RC's, inserts etc then 15% would be good.
My Bucket - w/ PC & Up For Sale Scans (NOT BACK UP TO DATE YET)

I didn't check your ORG, but 15,000 cards with a total BV of $17,000 means the average is just over $1 per card in book value. From that alone, I would expect to get around $1,000-$2000 total for the cards. As for all the supplies, you might be better off selling those separately as there are plenty of collectors that would be willing to buy them in bulk for closer to the cost of bulk supplies (thought shipping costs might eat up a bunch of that, unless they can all fit into a flat rate shipping box).
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Taking a quick look at your org I'd say $1,000 would be more than fair. While you have an abundance of cards there, a lot of the cards would be viewed as immovable or just take too long to sell to make it worth while. Even if the buyer broke them down into 1,000 card lots for $100, after shipping and time invested there wouldn't be enough meat on the bone. Plus, it would be a tough sell.

Thanks for the advice everyone. I was thinking more in the ballpark of 5% of BV delivered and the offers I got were even well below that so I am going to counteroffer and see where it goes.