`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thought this was pretty cool

Thought this was pretty cool
My Mother-in-law came in for Xmas and brought this for me. It was being used as a bookmark in a book from her basement. I thought it was pretty cool.

[Image: 3DFF6B2A-6CFE-4AE7-A790-981B5F2A83F2_zpsan3lobm2.jpg]
[Image: 50E5FDB4-C5A7-4AFC-B5B9-592CB5BA7DF9_zpsrj5dsite.jpg]
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: Thought this was pretty cool
Wow that is really cool, and in nice shape too.
Add to that I'd imagine not a whole lot survived, and that's a pretty cool item you have there.
[Image: Evil_Dead2.gif]

That's really cool.

(12-23-2015, 06:05 AM)Hofcollector Wrote: That's really cool.
(12-22-2015, 11:16 PM)phoenixrising34 Wrote: Wow that is really cool, and in nice shape too.
Add to that I'd imagine not a whole lot survived, and that's a pretty cool item you have there.
Thanks! I thought it was, too. Plus the fact that it's meant to be tri-folded ... And it's not, and it looks well preserved except for the little edge that was sticking out of the book ... An interesting piece of paper and some 1954 NYC history.
Also, 1954 was a pretty exciting year for NYC baseball. Giants won the WS ... Edged out the Dodgers for the NL pennant ... While the Yankees were in contention and got edged out by The Indians (who were beaten by The Giants in the WS)
So the top 4 teams that year ... Cleveland, NYG, NYY and Brooklyn.
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Look at those doubleheaders - Yankees had seven scheduled at home plus whatever they played on the road. Will not see that again.

Definitely an interesting piece of history.

Very cool Doc! I think as I age (only 39 right now) I have begun to appreciate those types of things more and more. No longer do I pass by the "oddball" box at shows. I stop and look to see if there is anything unique and I will pick up more and more of those items for my collection. I'm sure you're thankful your mother-in-law didn't just toss it!

Happy Collecting!

Love oddball stuff..bottle caps and Slurpee lids etc...

Great pickup and I am a little green from envy also...being a Giants fans and that was they year they beat the Indians 4 straight in WS!!!

(12-23-2015, 08:13 AM)garrisc Wrote: Look at those doubleheaders - Yankees had seven scheduled at home plus whatever they played on the road. Will not see that again.
Definitely an interesting piece of history.
And only 16 night games at Yankee Stadium! Wow.

6 double headers & 26 night games at Ebbetts Field.
4 double headers & 19 night games at the Polo Grounds.