`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heads up guys Don't let this happen to you

RE: Heads up guys Don't let this happen to you
(12-10-2015, 05:26 PM)rippinwax Wrote: Simple fix.........retailers should not accept returns. What do you need to return a box of cards for? Final sale them.
I agree 100 percent ... I try to explain this to the dooshes who are supposed to be in charge of store security, and they're like, but it's sealed ... and I'm like, yes, re-sealed!

Same with pack searching dooshes ... if I catch them in action I go immediately over to security, and half the time they're like, well, if he's not opening it there's nothing we can do about it ... and then I'm like, OK, I'll go over to the bread and chips aisles and smash every package ... I'm not opening it, so it's OK!

And they're like, that's different, and I'm like, actually it's not, what with all the bent cards and finger nail gouges on the cards inside.

Whatever. Dooshes.

This has happened to me at both Target and Wal-Marts in this area and outside of the area - indeed, for a while outright theft of cards was endemic at retail stores here - people would actually open the boxes on the shelves and take the cards and leave the empty box there which I do not understand how a store could possibly allow.

I always check the wrap carefully and if it looks questionable, I leave it on the shelf. And even checking carefully, I've still been burned by resealers a few times.
(12-16-2015, 04:29 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Same with pack searching dooshes
Since I have seen the same guy pack searching in multiple retail stores here multiple times, I don't even bother trying to tell the store.

Indeed, when people here are so brazen as to open blaster boxes and steal the cards inside right inside of the store, it just seems like a waste of time to try to tell them about pack searching.

Sometimes the job's done inside. In the middle of the night there are lots of people on the store floor moving items about. It would be pretty easy to look busy but be going through cards off in some corner. The one time I bought an opened box by mistake, I'm convinced security was in on it because they would not help me with anything: not file a report, not watch the tape, not check receipts, just nothing. I quit buying from the store, and years later happened to be there so I went to see what the cards looked like: opened. It had to be done inside.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.