IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
David Price to Red Sox

David Price to Red Sox
7 years, 217 million. Bad deal.

RE: David Price to Red Sox
Haven't they laid out enough bad contracts in the last year?!?!?

Yikes, he was going to get that from someone, but sure wouldn't want to be the team to do it.

wow! I guess the bright side is Kimbrel will have potential save opportunitys
Looking To Buy BGS Graded 9.5/10 Chipper Jones...Contact Me If Selling

I hope it works out but he isn't good under pressure. Boston may not be the best place for him, particularly at 31 million per.

And he will get around $1,000,000 / start.

As a baseball fan, there is really no end in sight when it comes to salaries. 31 million dollars/yr....it's mind boggling to say the least. I know my Twins won't shell out that kind of money for a front-line starter and I'm OK with that. What bugs me is that it drives up the price of a Ricky Nolasco, whom the Twins signed a few years back at $12,000,000/season and has been nothing short of atrocious. It is what it is I guess, but not having a salary cap implemented long ago may somehow doom this game we love at some point. I'm hoping not, but am truly worried.

I was happy at first when I saw the Sox got him...then I saw the contract.
(12-01-2015, 06:58 PM)madamson Wrote: And he will get around $1,000,000 / start.

As a baseball fan, there is really no end in sight when it comes to salaries. 31 million dollars/yr....it's mind boggling to say the least. I know my Twins won't shell out that kind of money for a front-line starter and I'm OK with that. What bugs me is that it drives up the price of a Ricky Nolasco, whom the Twins signed a few years back at $12,000,000/season and has been nothing short of atrocious. It is what it is I guess, but not having a salary cap implemented long ago may somehow doom this game we love at some point. I'm hoping not, but am truly worried.
And most starters don't even pitch 7 inn. What happened to the complete game

He will be good/great for 4 of the 7 years. After that.......who knows. I agree thats crazy money, but just picking up a guy like that is a big plus and will likly get Boston to the playoffs. He is a good character guy and will rub off on the other pitchers. Again, ignoring the money, he is a good pickup.
Looking for HOF auto's in Baseball, Basketball and Hockey.

Always open to trading!

Photo Bucket
http://s949.photobucket.com/albums/ad331...49_bucket/

(12-01-2015, 06:58 PM)madamson Wrote: And he will get around $1,000,000 / start.

I understand what your saying but salaries are relative to team's revenues. Business is booming. Is it ridiculous? Abso-freaking-lutely. But with owners making money falling out of bed in the morning the players should be compensated accordingly. Salaries are growing with the business. Teams are all getting new T.V. money to play with as well. Huge money.

On a side note, the Dodgers should immediately up Kershaw's contract 10 million per year. No way David Price at 30 is worth more than Kershaw at 27 (or any other ages).

And if he averages 15 W's, 180-200 K's, sub 3.50 ERA and a WHIP less than 1.2 over the first 4 years they will say it was a steal.
(12-01-2015, 07:12 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: I understand what your saying but salaries are relative to team's revenues. Business is booming. Is it ridiculous? Abso-freaking-lutely. But with owners making money falling out of bed in the morning the players should be compensated accordingly. Salaries are growing with the business. Teams are all getting new T.V. money to play with as well. Huge money.
You're 100% right about that and I should have stated that as well...TV contracts are through the roof and merchandise sales, advertising, etc. will only continue to fill the pockets of the owners who will then in turn spend it on talent, or so we hope.

When I go see games at Target Field and see the prices people are paying for a jersey or hat or even a T-shirt I cringe. I get the whole, "Hey, I got this at the ballpark!" as I, too, have bought items there. It's just crazy with what they charge and we as fans will pay.