`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keep or sell Stephen Curry Auto Rookie?

Keep or sell Stephen Curry Auto Rookie?
I recently had one of my auto rookie Stephen Curry cards graded. It's a panini playoff national treasures nba gear dual patch auto. The card has multi colored patches and received a BGS 9.5 overall with subs 10,10,9.5,9. My question is should I sell it and what would it go for in auction? I know it depends on a lot, but wasn't sure if now was the optimal time to sell it. I wanted to hold onto it but have multiple Steph Curry RC and was not expecting a 9.5 grade. Thanks in advance for your advice!

RE: Keep or sell Stephen Curry Auto Rookie?
About a month ago was the best time to sell it. At this point, it would probably be best to wait until next NBA season starts. Had the Warriors beaten the Cavs, then it might not matter as much. But they didn't and quite a bit of hype and interest has waned on their cards. That being said, the Warriors are going to be an incredible team next year, and if Curry can maintain his scoring with Durant on the team, then his cards will be extremely hot again. Even if Curry drops in scoring, if the Warriors start the season on a long undefeated streak like they did this past season, then his cards will be hot again.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

If you have a time machine, go back a bit and sell it then. Otherwise, wait until he's active again.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

dude are you nuts !!!!!! I would keep them they might be worth a lot in the future

There are lots around no shortage. I find with modern rookies strike while they are hot. I don't think Steph cards will Ever get as hot as they were towards the end of the regular season. Losing to the Cavs and not playing as well during the playoffs didn't help. Now with Durant picked up his scoring numbers will likely drop some, only so much ball to go around, someone or all are going to drop. His cards have likely peaked. His rare cards should hold value but the more basic sets will lose and drop in value over time.
Collecting Vintage OPC and older oddball and food issues as well as Maple Leafs.

Enjoy the hobby at it's purest form, treat it as you did as a kid.