`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
$100 to burn; what box would you buy?

$100 to burn; what box would you buy?
Looking to burn $100 on a box for my son and I to enjoy. If you were looking for a good all around experience (stars, decent RCs, opportunity for a hit or two), which would you go with? Would you advise spending more for a box like Museum Collection?

Ready, set, go:

RE: $100 to burn; what box would you buy?
If it was a box to open with a child, I would go with Topps Update Jumbo. You will get some hits, rookies, stars, and plenty of inserts. I would also consider buying a regular box of Topps Update and a box of Donruss, as I think Donruss is one of the funnest products to open due to it being loaded with inserts and parallels.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Donruss is fun break. You could get two boxes for 100 bucks. A lot of color and inserts, plus a lot of cubs rookies.

For your son Maybe Diamond Kings? Get a couple hits, and has current and older players; could talk about the guys you saw growing up?

I also agree with the Donruss, but 2015 Panini Prizm Hobby was good to me this year.

Looking for all cards from these guys I don't have!
[Image: tPSNwfV.png]

(11-24-2015, 01:10 PM)cubswinagain Wrote: For your son Maybe Diamond Kings? Get a couple hits, and has current and older players; could talk about the guys you saw growing up?
These are all really good suggestions. Interestingly enough my son told me yesterday that he actually likes cards of "older" players, like his new found defensive wiz idol, Ozzie Smith.

Older players cool. I would go with 2014 Panini classics then!!

(11-24-2015, 02:57 PM)somethingWITHtheCUBS Wrote: These are all really good suggestions. Interestingly enough my son told me yesterday that he actually likes cards of "older" players, like his new found defensive wiz idol, Ozzie Smith.
Perhaps Stadium Club if you want a mix of current and past starts.

(11-24-2015, 02:57 PM)somethingWITHtheCUBS Wrote: These are all really good suggestions. Interestingly enough my son told me yesterday that he actually likes cards of "older" players, like his new found defensive wiz idol, Ozzie Smith.
I just sent two Ozzie cards (and a Sandberg) out to your son today. I think he made a good trade for his collection.

Scott