IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts on an Ebay auction!

Thoughts on an Ebay auction!
Wrong thread

RE: Thoughts on an Ebay auction!
Steiner is WAY overpriced for the hobby.
I collect Penny (Anfernee) Hardaway, and my son collects Ty Lawson. Please let me know if you have anything rare of either player.

Photo Bucket = http://s1326.photobucket.com/user/bryandwells/library/

When something like this pops up, though, it's hard to tell what a "fair" price is. There's no market comparison.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

The original item from Steiner was a set (jersey and pants), in fact it looks like it might've been 2 jerseys (1 white and 1 blue) based on the picture of the original Steiner listing. However the eBay auction is only for a blue jersey. On top of that Steiner is notoriously overpriced and regularly has huge discount sales to bring their stuff down closer to true market value. I have picked up plenty of stuff from Steiner sales that have been marked down by more than 75%. I wouldn't be surprised if the original set sold for $500 from Steiner and the eBay seller took the white jersey and pants and is now selling the remaining jersey for what he paid for the entire lot.
That being said, the value depends on if you plan on keeping it or want to try and resell it. Even if you get it autographed, you would have to get a new COA for the autograph. It definitely wouldn't be worth what Steiner's full asking prices are, but it could be a great deal for a personal collection.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/