`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Poll: Which Case
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
2008 Bowman Chrome
40.00%
2 40.00%
2008 UD SP Authentic
60.00%
3 60.00%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christmas for my son!!

Christmas for my son!!
My son (12 yr old) and I have been collecting cards for the last several years and I decided to crack our first full case, and there are a couple of good deals (less than $400) that I was considering. 2008 Bowman Chrome case, just gives us 12 autos, but the potential is huge (Stanton, Posey, Kershaw, etc), or 2008 SP Authentic which gives 36 autos in a case, still some good rookies (Kershaw, Votto) as well as a shot at some nice Jeter autos and even some double, triple, and quad autos. Any thoughts are welcome...

RE: Christmas for my son!!
Stanton, Posey and Kershaw aren't in 2008 Bowman Chrome, they're in 2008 Bowman Draft, which is a far more expensive product. The best autograph in 2008 Bowman Chrome is Jordan Zimmermann.

2008 SP Authentic has some good stuff, but quite a lot of it is redemptions too, which will be long expired by now. Kershaw, Carlos Gonzalez and Scherzer were all redemptions, so pulling any of those is a wasted hit. Votto and Longoria are your best bets. Lots of the guys in the product are long since out of the league.

Not trying to be mean, but those products are discounted for a reason, and I think there might be more interesting things to get for that money. If you're definitely getting one of the two, go with the SPA.

Trading for cut autos of baseball HOFers I don't have, autos of current and future Cleveland Guardians, and anything else that catches my eye!

(11-18-2015, 11:13 PM)roger rabbit Wrote: Stanton, Posey and Kershaw aren't in 2008 Bowman Chrome, they're in 2008 Bowman Draft, which is a far more expensive product. The best autograph in 2008 Bowman Chrome is Jordan Zimmermann.

2008 SP Authentic has some good stuff, but quite a lot of it is redemptions too, which will be long expired by now. Kershaw, Carlos Gonzalez and Scherzer were all redemptions, so pulling any of those is a wasted hit. Votto and Longoria are your best bets. Lots of the guys in the product are long since out of the league.

Not trying to be mean, but those products are discounted for a reason, and I think there might be more interesting things to get for that money. If you're definitely getting one of the two, go with the SPA.
+1 BIG TIME.

(11-18-2015, 11:13 PM)roger rabbit Wrote: Not trying to be mean, but those products are discounted for a reason, and I think there might be more interesting things to get for that money. If you're definitely getting one of the two, go with the SPA.
100% agree. Redemptions make older product difficult to get excited about, especially when the key cards are redemptions. There are plenty of newer cases you could buy for around $400 that will give more excitement and better potential for a big hit. If you want autographs and a lot of potential you might want to consider just buying a box of 2013 Bowman Sterling and a box of 2014 Bowman Sterling. Each box has 18 autographs, and you can get a box of each for $400 total. So you would get 36 autographs, with the potential to hit some nice rookie autographs.
Alternatively if you are set on getting a case, there are plenty of options around $400 for products from 2010-2014. It just depends on if you are looking for mostly rookies/prospects, HOFers, autographs, etc., and whether you want a bunch of base cards with a handful of hits or just a few base cards and the focus on the hits.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Chrome is pretty, and people like to put a premium on them.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

I agree with the others posting before me......SP if set on getting one of the 2 in the poll. Items are discounted for a reason.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

I'd stay away from both of them. If you don't know already, Blowoutcards.com is having their Black November sale going on right now. They already have really good deals listed on their site, but next Friday they will have the best stuff listed. BUT....you'll need to log on at 6:00am EST when they launch the deals or you'll miss out on them. So for me, I have to get up at 3am. But I didn't read the site last year and got up at 6am PST and almost everything was gone in the three hours. You may want to check the deals out before you buy one of the other two cases.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do and be sure to post the break. Love reading those.

(11-19-2015, 01:00 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: I agree with the others posting before me......SP if set on getting one of the 2 in the poll. Items are discounted for a reason.
+1
[Image: Woogie%2023_zpshzmly2km.jpg]