`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't understand this???

Don't understand this???
Was searching on eBay and came across a Tom Brady I liked. It was buy it now for 65, with no "or best offer" option. So I messaged to see if he would come down on the price at all. Doesn't hurt to ask right? So he messaged me back and said " I don't think you will find this card anywhere at this price and the condition of the card. Also , 2007 has Adrian Petersen Rookie Card . He ran for over 200 yards today. Minnesota is in first place . This only creates more demand for 2007 star jersey cards"

I don't get that last part of it about Adrain Peterson. Has nothing to do with Brady. No idea.

Im not knocking him for not dropping on price, don't care about that. Just confused about the Adrian Peterson comment.

RE: Don't understand this???
Lol, he's just trying to justify it, that's all. Trying to get every last cent he can...

He is partially correct about the more demand for 2007 product. However he is incorrect in his logic. With Adrian Peterson doing well, boxes of unopened 2007 product that have been stagnant are starting to sell again and are being opened. What this means is that more of those star jersey cards are going to start showing up for sale, as people that hit them while looking for Peterson's rookies will be selling them. So conversely to what he said, the better Peterson does the lower the value of the Brady card.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(11-16-2015, 12:11 PM)djohn Wrote: What this means is that more of those star jersey cards are going to start showing up for sale, as people that hit them while looking for Peterson's rookies will be selling them.
Hey now, I'll have none of your supply and demand logic Smile. There's no place for that on the internet.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. He obviously has no idea what he's talking about lol

Does he think you're a day trader?
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

Uh.....Tom Brady and Adrian Peterson have absolutely nothing to do with each other. Oh, and because he's 2007 , that makes a greater demand and higher value for 2007 cards?

You should have told him who the #1 pick was in 2007 and that that should bring the values down, according to his logic
[Image: 0a0d6456-0c97-44b9-873b-79f839312664_zpstsdq3axa.jpg]