`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is the Registry down?

RE: Is the Registry down?
(12-12-2015, 11:24 PM)altz11 Wrote: I have a suggestion, although it may not be quite what you want to hear. But if it were me, and I tried this hard to contact people and get the problem fixed, I would simply crack the cards out of their cases and send them back in for grading. And I know there is risk but seems like a semi-easy fix (if you have the money).
Why should we pay twice!!!??
[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]

(12-12-2015, 11:24 PM)altz11 Wrote: I have a suggestion, although it may not be quite what you want to hear. But if it were me, and I tried this hard to contact people and get the problem fixed, I would simply crack the cards out of their cases and send them back in for grading. And I know there is risk but seems like a semi-easy fix (if you have the money).
It may not be as simple as that.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(12-13-2015, 08:37 AM)nolan5000 Wrote: It may not be as simple as that.
Agree! My Dad got a BGS 9.5 from ebay for real cheap because the case was cracked. He finished breaking it out and sent it back in only to find all the sub grades were graded different this time lowering it to a 9

Looking To Buy BGS Graded 9.5/10 Chipper Jones...Contact Me If Selling

(12-13-2015, 12:00 PM)crossada Wrote: Agree! My Dad got a BGS 9.5 from ebay for real cheap because the case was cracked. He finished breaking it out and sent it back in only to find all the sub grades were graded different this time lowering it to a 9

That's what I meant by saying, "I understand there's a risk"

It was just a suggestion, I wouldn't EXPECT everyone or anyone to do this...just a suggestion.

I would probably either stop collecting bgs/bvg cards or try cracking them out and resubmitting, OR contacting bgs to see if I could resubmit (in current case) to get reholdered WITH a new serial number possibly on becketts dollar. After all, it was bgs' foul up from what I understand. I believe psa owns up to their mistakes and will reholder cards for free in cases like this.

In any event these are just suggestions, can't be worst ideas anyone's ever had!

I had asked on here about sending a card back in to get a new serial number attached and was told that the label would be changed and no sub-grades would be listed.

I feel Beckett could put a card in a new slab with new number and not need to change anything. This seems like a simple fix to me but yes paying twice.

I'm not leaving BGS though as I don't collect ungraded cards and find other companies to be lacking in quality beyond invalid serial numbers.
Looking To Buy BGS Graded 9.5/10 Chipper Jones...Contact Me If Selling

(12-13-2015, 05:14 PM)crossada Wrote: I'm not leaving BGS though as I don't collect ungraded cards and find other companies to be lacking in quality beyond invalid serial numbers.
[Image: I%20Approve%20this%20message_zpshmqvbxri.jpg]

For the record, I also support BGS/BVG!

(12-13-2015, 10:44 PM)altz11 Wrote: For the record, I also support BGS/BVG!
Oh, I know.

I'm not leaving BGS though as I don't collect ungraded cards and find other companies to be lacking in quality beyond invalid serial numbers.
[/quote]

I know you don't mean SGC!!! Beckett has really pissed me off with their non working registries, their lack of customer service, and all their problems with the serial numbers. I've went to SGC and I haven't had anywhere near the hassles with them as I did with Beckett. If there is a problem, they fix it within the week, usually within 3 days. There holder makes the card look a lot nicer. Their prices are lower than Beckett and their service is so much better than Beckett it isn't even funny. Yes, I'm a big fan of SGC, and I won't let Beckett screw me over any more.
[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]