`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
My White Whale Search....

My White Whale Search....
Early in 2014 I decided to follow the Orioles in earnest. I must have watched over 100 games that year and made it to 6 including a memorable moment with my dad when the Orioles clinched the A.L. East title. I also began the year wanting to collect a player that no one was really collecting and that held some kind of special meaning to me in my life.

Since I played second base in high school, I decide to start collecting the Orioles Rookie Second Baseman Jonathan Schoop. It would also be the start of my first attempt at a rainbow. This rainbow spans the Topps Opening Day, Topps Flagship, Topps Chrome, and Topps mini sets. While I am missing most of the 1/1's and a couple low S/N cards, the card I want the most can only be found in the 5 cards packs inserted into the 2014 Topps Factory sets and are numbered to 199. More than any other card for this project, I want this card:

2014 TOPPS FACTORY SET ORANGE BORDER #83 JONATHAN SCHOOP

It only books for $6.00 but I have never seen one listed or found one at an LCS or card show. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'll be posting pics of my rainbow in the coming days to show what I've got. Thank you for reading and for helping me find my white whale.
PC Card Totals:

Manny Machado - 395
Jonathan Schoop - 223
Chance Sisco - 11

Always looking for more of these guys! Let's trade!

RE: My White Whale Search....
I'm guessing you tried the bay?

I'll keep my eye out. Tuff individual cards to find. I've been looking for the Dustin Pedroia and still looking.

I will keep a eye out at LCS and monthly card show.

(10-31-2015, 07:34 AM)Hofcollector Wrote: I'm guessing you tried the bay?
Yep, have separate searches for the set and for Jonathan Schoop. I regularly check both.
(10-31-2015, 09:50 AM)ne12bc12 Wrote: I'll keep my eye out. Tuff individual cards to find. I've been looking for the Dustin Pedroia and still looking.
I'll keep my eye out for your Pedroia as well. Thank you!
(10-31-2015, 10:55 AM)brian2345 Wrote: I will keep a eye out at LCS and monthly card show.
Thank you very much!
PC Card Totals:

Manny Machado - 395
Jonathan Schoop - 223
Chance Sisco - 11

Here's a complete visual of what I have. Only one card not showing and that's the mini cyan printing plate.

[Image: 62s60k4z.jpg]

[Image: 6kn98794.jpg]

[Image: onwz2gyl.jpg]

[Image: qk1v9v9q.jpg]

[Image: au4t42t9.jpg]

[Image: 29go0wn6.jpg]
PC Card Totals:

Manny Machado - 395
Jonathan Schoop - 223
Chance Sisco - 11