`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.86 Average
RECENT SLABS / PICKUPS - PART 1

RECENT SLABS / PICKUPS - PART 1
Many will remember a while back we used to have a regular post called " Recent Slabs and Pickups" for people to post recent slabs they either purchased on eBay for their registry or subbed themselves to grow their collections. In particular I learned about quite a few peoples interests and always enjoyed seeing posters build their sets & player registries.

Thought I would bring that post back Smile

Your allowed to show ANY slabbed product- be it BGS, PSA, SGC, GAI or whomever. Its a post meant more for seeing SLABBED items people add to their collections and to promote grading in general. While we all enjoy BGS / BVG I personally think we all appreciate collections assembled with whomever the 3rd party grader of choice is people use. I feel that promoting grading in general encourages hobby growth and in particular leads to more BGS / BVG subs anyways.

One rule I'll ask and that is PLEASE use a picture hosting site that downsizes your photo sizes if at all possible. If I see excessive sized pics ( taking up half a page or more) I'll unfortunately prune them until I get time to modify their size. A hint on cameras- if you use one use the low resolution setting- not the high one- as it will size it properly.

Other than that- no current eBay links please-- otherwise post away.

I'll start off with some recent slabs from an order I got back a while ago.
Clemens the main focus as usual although I have branched out.

[Image: 07-Ult-TM-Patch.jpg]

Two more from 2006 EPIC-- happy about the gem tough to get on game used as you know

[Image: 06-Epic-Gold-RC2.jpg][Image: 06-Epic-Dark-Orange-RC3.jpg]

And a bunch of low numbered autos

[Image: 03-LL-108-Moniker-Bat.jpg]
[Image: 03-Don-Sig-Cuts.jpg]
[Image: 04-LL-135-Moniker-Jsy.jpg]

Lets see some photos guys & gals !!

Jeff

RE: RECENT SLABS / PICKUPS - PART 1
Jeff,

Can the cards slabbed authentic without grades be added to a player registry? And what is the advantage to having them slabbed that way? Is it because they would be graded very low because of card damage?

Thanks
Looking To Buy BGS Graded 9.5/10 Chipper Jones...Contact Me If Selling

Hey Jeff, has the registry recently tanked again? I can't seem to see much of anything in there right now. It shows I have all these custom, player, and set registries but I can't access any of them. Geeeshhhh I really wonder why I continue to mess with this company? I guess it's because I have too much already invested in grading to have them all switched over to another company.
http://s1147.photobucket.com/albums/o558/dmasci/
Always looking for BGS or BVG graded cards for HOFers....especially the skilled positions.

[Image: DmasciBanner.jpg]

(11-04-2015, 01:18 PM)dmasci Wrote: Hey Jeff, has the registry recently tanked again? I can't seem to see much of anything in there right now. It shows I have all these custom, player, and set registries but I can't access any of them.
Yeah, I think so. I just checked mine and it didn't show up either.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

I have a few I can share, just need some insight about scanning them. For some reason when I scan graded cards the scans come out blurry, the scanner doesnt quite close correctly when the slab is inside. Anyone have a similar experience???
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

Did you buy the Dynasties raw and then sub them? OR did you buy them already Graded? That 1/1, along with all of the rest of your cards are really nice!!

Thanks Nolan!

I bought them already graded. I do buy raw cards and send to Beckett but i'm very picky on grades so real high dollar stuff I tend to shy away from.

I did spend $175 on a Chipper/Freeman booklet card serial # of 5 to send in. That is a lot of money for me to spend on something that might grade poorly but I loved the card so i'm gambling on it.

(11-08-2015, 01:58 PM)crossada Wrote: Thanks Nolan!

I bought them already graded. I do buy raw cards and send to Beckett but i'm very picky on grades so real high dollar stuff I tend to shy away from.

I did spend $175 on a Chipper/Freeman booklet card serial # of 5 to send in. That is a lot of money for me to spend on something that might grade poorly but I loved the card so i'm gambling on it.
Well, they're just beautiful.!!

I love the Dynasties, but people want way too much money for raw copies of Nolan. There's only been 1 Nolan Dynasty to Graded a BGS 9.5. And I haven't seen it or any of the ~3 9's. I can only imagine how much they'll ask for them!

I didn't realize there was so few Nolan cards graded. I think he has both a Rangers and Astro's card in the set with all the variants.

As far as price goes I read how much it takes to buy a box of Dynasty so i'm sure a Nolan card would be a winning lotto ticket LOL

Yeah, Nolan has lots of Dynasty cards in the set. He has a ton, actually. But, only like 4 are BGS Graded; 1 9.5 and about 3 9's.