`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Walgreen $5 repacks

Walgreen $5 repacks
Okay, so not the 2 best I've ever gotten, but got 3 autos (of nobodies), which is good for those cheapo boxes. And I always love adding another card to my 'horrible baseball names" collection. Lets give it up for Dick Pole, ladies and gentlemen! Smile

[Image: DFF8C990-C8BE-456C-8B5C-9DC820B9344D_zpsedgkunb0.jpg]

1976 Topps Dick Pole
1998 Pacific Wade Boggs
1996 Donuss Mattingly
2000 Royal Rookies Auto Tony Pena Jr 363/4950
2000 Royal Rookies Auto Alex Requena 973/4950
2004 Bowman Sterlung Auto Lincoln Holdzkom
1981 Fleer sticker Bobby Grich and Rod Carew

And a few 100 odds & ends
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: Walgreen $5 repacks
You did good, I have bought a half dozen of those and have gotten nothing, not one hit.

(10-24-2015, 04:28 AM)chrisjoy Wrote: You did good, I have bought a half dozen of those and have gotten nothing, not one hit.
Thanks for trying to make it sound good, but autos of players that never broke into the bigs? is that really a 'hit' or some company 'throwing out their trash' Smile I was more happy getting the Dick Pole card than any of those autos ... (Although Tony Pena Jr is kinda cool). And getting 35 year old sticker cards that survived ... Although nearly worthless ... Still pretty cool, to me. Basically, these repacks suck and are filled with trash. But every so often, someone makes a mistake and pops in a good card ... Again , my theory ... Totally by mistake. But for $5 it's fun to open and there are cards in there that are pretty good ... When they make a mistake! Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I always thought the spider web tattoo on Holdzkom's elbow was kind of cool.