`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Babe Ruth Topps Sterling Patch 2-Color Swatches

Babe Ruth Topps Sterling Patch 2-Color Swatches
Hello - I was curious if anyone has seen anything like this or could be creative enough to decipher where these "patches/Swatches" come from in regards to a Ruth Jersey/Uniform.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: Babe Ruth Topps Sterling Patch 2-Color Swatches
(10-12-2015, 03:08 PM)BillyBulldog16 Wrote: Hello - I was curious if anyone has seen anything like this or could be creative enough to decipher where these "patches/Swatches" come from in regards to a Ruth Jersey/Uniform.
I'd think some of them would be the yankee pinstripe.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

Looks like the top 2 baseball cut outs are pinstripes, and the other 3 are from the New York on the front, or the number on the back.
Super Collecting Mark Rypien and Juan Gonzalez

****NOT CURRENTLY TRADING****

(10-12-2015, 03:42 PM)kens05goat Wrote: Looks like the top 2 baseball cut outs are pinstripes, and the other 3 are from the New York on the front, or the number on the back.
I second that but it would be unheard of to find any Ruth patches in a card much less one numbered to 10.
I'm not too familiar with the finer details of those Sterling. Does it look like the window around where the relics sit have been tampered with? There's white fray around the edges of where the stencil sits. I don't really know if that's normal or not.

Did anyone else notice that "Stirling" is misspelled? That seems to be a bad sign for this card.

That and the design just seems so amateurish. Even the Canseco guy (forgetting his handle) does better looking cards than this.

I hope you didn't buy this card...
Actually, after looking closer, that may be "STERLING", but it's really hard to read in that scan.

(10-12-2015, 09:48 PM)KPRROK Wrote: Did anyone else notice that "Stirling" is misspelled? That seems to be a bad sign for this card.

That and the design just seems so amateurish. Even the Canseco guy (forgetting his handle) does better looking cards than this.

I hope you didn't buy this card...
Actually, after looking closer, that may be "STERLING", but it's really hard to read in that scan.
The foil lettering is known to wear off fairly easily on the Sterling cards. I'm highly suspicious of the patch though. I don't believe I've ever seen a Ruth patch.

There are a few patches in the Fabric of the Game set, but I've never seen a patch in this set. Buyer beware...
[Image: 1969WorldSeriesTicket.jpg]
I collect 1969 Mets memorabilia and 1960 Topps baseball, nothing else.
My 1969 Mets PC Bucket:
http://s214.photobucket.com/user/d3a3l3e3/library/1969%20NY%20Mets%20PC?sort=6&page=1

Thanks to everyone for the advice. I had my doubts as well but just received notification that it came back "Authentic" from Beckett.

Buy that puppy then!

I already did Smile Unfortunately I purchased and then started reading more about "tampered" cards. I've been out of card purchasing for a while and saw this as a Relic that I needed to add to the memrobilia collection. Back when I was in the card hobby there wasn't such a thing as card tampering. Its very sad...