`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Box Breaks

Box Breaks
I have just signed up for a few random and team breaks on two retailer websites. This is the first time I have done this. I have always purchased boxes of the cards I wanted. If you have tried this approach let me know what you think of it. One question I have is do all of the cards for your team get shipped to you or just the inserts and parallels? If the base cards for the teams are not shipped what do they do with them? Might seem like stupid questions, they do to me, but I could not tell from the case break rules. Feedback greatly appreciated.

RE: Box Breaks
Most of the guys I deal with only ship inserts and hits. base is typically donated to local charities. One guy is willing to ship base, but you have to work out the additional shipping charges he will incur.

To facilitate trading, please mark your wants in the "wants" column and "trade for" column in your Org.
[Image: Henderson-Discussion-Signature.jpg]

I've only done a couple and they were both with the same guy, but his was for all base, parallels and inserts. I think it really depends on the person/company.
Kepler

Totally depends on who your breaker is and their rules and policies for the breaks they run.

I've done exactly one break, and that was at a Trade Night at the LCS, and after that night, I decided I will never do another break again. I'd rather just buy the box or the individual cards I want rather than "risk' it. Plus, if a breaker doesn't send base cards, that's just lazy and cheap (unless it's a Topps "base" set case break).

I think it's especially funny when people do 1 Team 1 Box breaks on products like Supreme or Tier 1. Why on earth would someone pay $10-20 for the odds of getting 1 of the 2 or 3 cards for the team you want? That takes gambling to a new level!

Best of luck with your break!

I have only dealt with one, mojobreak, and they ship everything.. once in a blue moon they might not ship base, but they let you know beforehand.

(10-12-2015, 09:09 AM)KPRROK Wrote: I think it's especially funny when people do 1 Team 1 Box breaks on products like Supreme or Tier 1. Why on earth would someone pay $10-20 for the odds of getting 1 of the 2 or 3 cards for the team you want? That takes gambling to a new level!

Best of luck with your break!
I did that a couple times before I learned my lesson. The problem was I actually won on a couple of rare chances early on, so instead of knowing when to run, I sat at the table and counted my money... Anyways, now the only ones I do are the ones where it's under $10 usually around $5 and it's a larger amount of inserts and parallels. As the breaks I do they always ship everything from the team you get. So I figure $5-$10 for usually 5-10 cards even if it is base isn't that bad of a deal really. Stuff like Finest, Prestige, Chrome, Bowman and so on. I agree with KPRROK, stay away from those $6.99 Topps Supreme breaks. 2 cards, and 30 teams. Say you buy 10 spots, you're looking at right around $70 which is what the box would cost you if you order online. then a chance for a card. Then if you get a dual you would have to "roll" against the other team if both teams aren't purchased by you.

Ooops, I rambled a bit. Anyways, I recommend doing the cheaper breaks if you're going to, and the ones that ship everything.
[Image: Woogie%2023_zpshzmly2km.jpg]