`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ichiro signed for 2016, milestones to come

Ichiro signed for 2016, milestones to come
So the Marlins signed Ichiro for another year. I am sure it has a lot to do with a couple milestones he is sure to get to next year. I wonder if they will milk each one to get attendance up. Here are the most notable milestones Ichiro should get to in 2016.

Top 2 milestones:
3000 hits, he currently has 2935
500 stolen bases, he currently has 498

Lesser milestones:
2500 games played, he currently has 2357
750 RBIs, he currently has 738
350 doubles, he currently has 341 (though he only hit 5 doubles this year, so not so sure he gets this one)
100 triples, he currently has 91 (he had 6 this year, so again not sure he gets this one)
5000 putouts, he currently has 4809
5000 total chances, he currently has 4962
1000 strikeouts, he currently has 995 (not sure if this is one to really celebrate, but we're talking about the Marlins trying to drive up attendance so who knows)

I also wonder if they will celebrate combined professional records (i.e. MLB + Japan totals). For example, Ichiro has played in 3414 games, and Pete Rose has the record at 3562. I know there was quite a bit of talk when Ichiro hit his 4256th professional hit, so I have to assume they will do the same for his 3562nd game.

I am doubting they do anything for the putouts or total chances, as fielding stats are not generally celebrated. However it is the Marlins, so they might try anything to get people in the stands. I wouldn't be surprised if Ichiro played a game at every position, just to do it for the media attention. It definitely will be an interesting year for the Marlins, as they are planning to move their outfield fences inward to generate more HRs. I wonder how many more homers Stanton will hit now.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

RE: Ichiro signed for 2016, milestones to come
would love to see it in seattle but the man is a HOF..
and not 1000 k's in 15 years? that's what? 3-4 years for todays big hitters. sad
no org, please do not send trade requests

(10-06-2015, 11:10 PM)michaelstepper Wrote: would love to see it in seattle but the man is a HOF..
and not 1000 k's in 15 years? that's what? 3-4 years for todays big hitters. sad
Agreed, maybe Seattle will do a trade at some point to bring Ichiro back "home". heh
[Image: Woogie%2023_zpshzmly2km.jpg]

That is good news and a class move by the Marlins organization ... But like you said, they'll be slightly opportunistic about each and every milestone. But I also think, on a team with so many young players, why not have a veteran who's work ethic is superior, to positively influence his teammates. Heck, with his experience, they should make him a player/manager. Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.