`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
2 Boxes of 2015 Five Star

2 Boxes of 2015 Five Star
I would like to take this time to thank Topps for ruining one of my favorite high end products. I’m totally disappointed with Five Star this year. I’m not a big fan of the design but can live with it. It just feels to me now that they have made it 2 per box and no booklet case hit that it’s a slightly more expensive Supreme. I’m not saying anything is wrong with Supreme but if I want Supreme I will buy Supreme.

Thanks for looking,
Rob

Here’s what I got from the two boxes…

[Image: b56iLvz.jpg]
2015 Topps Five Star Autographs #FSAAG Andres Galarraga
2015 Topps Five Star Autographs #FSAOV Omar Vizquel
2015 Topps Five Star Autographs Rainbow #FSAEM Edgar Martinez 4/25
2015 Topps Five Star Golden Graphs #GGEE Edwin Encarnacion 11/50

RE: 2 Boxes of 2015 Five Star
Aw man, that sucks Rob. If it's any consolation to you, yours and James boxes have convinced me that I won't be buying that product. Why would Topps change the format? Who's bright idea was this? There were plenty of bad boxes of five star in years past but the good boxes were SO good, and you had more than 2 cards to show for it. I agree, way to go Topps. You just took one of your best, most aesthetically pleasing brands and destroyed it for a year. Now the whole Tribute thing is pissing me off again. 2 for 4 on your high end products. Not good.

(10-03-2015, 08:52 AM)Hofcollector Wrote: Aw man, that sucks Rob. If it's any consolation to you, yours and James boxes have convinced me that I won't be buying that product. Why would Topps change the format? Who's bright idea was this? There were plenty of bad boxes of five star in years past but the good boxes were SO good, and you had more than 2 cards to show for it. I agree, way to go Topps. You just took one of your best, most aesthetically pleasing brands and destroyed it for a year. Now the whole Tribute thing is pissing me off again. 2 for 4 on your high end products. Not good.
I will still probably buy a box here and there but in no way will I come close to buying what I have in the past. Curious what your fourth high end product you are counting for this year.

2015 Tribute - BAD
2015 Tier One - BAD
2015 Five Star - BAD
2015 Triple Threads - Good
5th - ?

Museum Collection, Tribute, Triple Threads and Five Star.
I'm on the fence about calling Tier One high end anymore. The auto list has been horrible the past few years and for me, there's not enough content. The big hits seem to be few and far between as well.

Museum Collection is my fourth high end. I've seen some bad boxes (as I do with every product) but there are plenty of hits to be had there. Laundry Tags, MLB Logo man patches, bat knobs, bat plates, etc.

(10-03-2015, 09:23 AM)Hofcollector Wrote: Museum Collection, Tribute, Triple Threads and Five Star.
I'm on the fence about calling Tier One high end anymore. The auto list has been horrible the past few years and for me, there's not enough content. The big hits seem to be few and far between as well.

Museum Collection is my fourth high end. I've seen some bad boxes (as I do with every product) but there are plenty of hits to be had there. Laundry Tags, MLB Logo man patches, bat knobs, bat plates, etc.
Oh, yes. Definitely Museum. One of my higher rated products for this year. The cost of Tier One IMO still puts it in the high end category but I agree with what you said with the content. I'm 2 for 5 for higher end product this year and it's my belief that will continue for at least Tribute and Tier One next year.

Yea, I was a little boggled by the new build of Five Star! The change was so drastic! I might wait a little bit and try to grab a pack when they get cheaper. I do plan on a Triple Threads box this week tho....
[Image: 9tnms3F.png]
Collecting Tom Brady, Rob Gonkowski, Mike Trout and Baseball HOF Relics

(10-03-2015, 09:51 AM)demondukk Wrote: Yea, I was a little boggled by the new build of Five Star! The change was so drastic! I might wait a little bit and try to grab a pack when they get cheaper. I do plan on a Triple Threads box this week tho....
Highly recommend Triple Threads over Five Star this year.

Let us know what you get!

(10-03-2015, 09:55 AM)ne12bc12 Wrote: Highly recommend Triple Threads over Five Star this year.

Let us know what you get!
+1

Nice looking card. Definitely a downgrade. Have to agree that is a more expensive supreme. I was thing of getting a case, but will lower to a couple of boxes and get more triple threads. Love the triple threads design this year. The only improve product for this year so far.

(10-03-2015, 04:12 PM)franciscomarina Wrote: Nice looking card. Definitely a downgrade. Have to agree that is a more expensive supreme. I was thing of getting a case, but will lower to a couple of boxes and get more triple threads. Love the triple threads design this year. The only improve product for this year so far.
100% agree with you. Love the Triple Threads this year. Keep me in mind for the parallel base you pull. Smile