`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cause for celebration? (Originally written 10/7 but just found in my Draft file)

Cause for celebration? (Originally written 10/7 but just found in my Draft file)
No, it's not what you think .... I'm not talking about The Yankees clinching the wild card (or any other team clinching a playoff berth .... But that is A cause for celebration for some) I'm talking about my PC guy, Casey Kelly!!!!!!
Background, Florida High school pitcher/SS that was Drafted high by the BoSox and traded away to The Padres in the Adrian Gonzalez deal (yeah, THAT long ago). He pitched about 3 innings and went down. TJ surgery and rehab and more rehab. Came back and had another injury. So basically, From 2013 until the other day he was not doing very much .... Until I was bored, flipping through the MLB Mix games on DirecTV (remember: this was back in October) when Lo & Behold ... Casey Kelly on the mound! He looked good, wasn't as sharp as he could have been, but as the innings piled up, he got better.
So, he's back, and hopefully he'll have an injury free off season and pitch his first full season next year!

Just a small sample Smile

[Image: C1CC83CF-97AF-47C3-9C71-70A28E449BB5_zps9ydydj9e.jpg]
[Image: 47CD5EED-1018-4B8D-A766-333FEFC99CAB_zpsstolsrvh.jpg]
[Image: 30E40037-9DE1-4EC8-9497-9D699B6F3858_zpsohyqhqx9.jpg]
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.