`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My first vintage card, 1962 Maris!

My first vintage card, 1962 Maris!
We were talking about this in another thread, thought I would share with a couple scans of my '62 Maris I bought in 1990 with 2 months worth of my paper route money ($60ish). I've included the original case in the scans. I bought the card in, this is the 3rd time I've taken the card out in 25 years (man I feel old saying that).

I am curious, what grade do you guys think it would get? I'm gonna grade it eventually just to get it slabbed. I'll never sell or trade this one. I just forgot it in my last submission.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: Woogie%2023_zpshzmly2km.jpg]

RE: My first vintage card, 1962 Maris!
Very nice card. I enjoy seeing good stories behind cards too. For some reason from what I've seen online the 62's were tough to keep in good condition. I've never gotten anything graded so I'm not even going to venture a guess on it. But congrats on a beautiful card and cool story behind it. I used to cut grass for my card money haha

Nice, ... In Pretty decent shape. I love the 62 design, and like PJRussell just said, probably the toughest cards to find in good shape. My 62 Maris is pretty decent, but the print registration is just slightly off, making it look slightly blurry. I upgraded it and now have a much nicer one than my HazyMaris card.
I'll post pics when I can.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Nice...I wouldn't bother getting it graded. From the sounds of it your going to keep it, so I'd just get it slabbed. Great story. Always nice to see that others have reasons other than money for keeping particular cards. You'll see as you get older, that the past really comes alive looking back on/through your collection. Good stuff. Thanks for sharing.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

Great card! As stated the '62 set is tough on grading. That being said if there's no creases and the surface is clean, I'd say a 3, possibly a 4.

Very nice card man!!! Hope is does well when you decide to grade it!
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s