`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My incomplete 61 Yankees team set ... Topps ... Yogi added

RE: My incomplete 61 Yankees team set ... Topps
(09-28-2015, 10:41 PM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: That looks pretty nice for a 4. Nice pick up, Doc.
Thanks! Yeah, I though it was much better than graded, but in a picture I could have been wrong, and the back of the cards wasn't photographed, so I took a chance. Clean, no creases, edges/corners not real sharp. Back is great and the only major is the miscut on the bottom.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: My incomplete 61 Yankees team set ... Topps ... Yogi added
Bad picture, but I forgot I had this one. Not part of "the team set" but when your team has the #1 & #2 Home Run Leaders pictured, well that's a pretty nice card to include, IMO.
[Image: A33E542E-F707-4AD4-9120-8D2385298FFF_zpsvlqqguge.jpg]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Great cards and a tough set to make with high numbers so expensive. Having the big ones already will make the road easier to finish the set. Thanks for sharing.

Great pick-up DrM....looks better than a 4 to me. Great set.....Deron Johnson was one of my favorites as a kid (though at the very end of his career). I too pick up all the leader cards if there is a Phillie on them for my PC......hard (expensive) when your team is going good esp. recent years with all the parallels.

Tony K and Curt Gowdy on Saturday game of the week on NBC....black and white TV...no UHF, no remote (except me sitting on the floor).......must see TV especially when it was a AL game for somebody in a NL city. Ah...the old simple days.......LOL. Thanks for sharing.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(09-29-2015, 09:06 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Great pick-up DrM....looks better than a 4 to me. Great set.....Deron Johnson was one of my favorites as a kid (though at the very end of his career). I too pick up all the leader cards if there is a Phillie on them for my PC......hard (expensive) when your team is going good esp. recent years with all the parallels.

Tony K and Curt Gowdy on Saturday game of the week on NBC....black and white TV...no UHF, no remote (except me sitting on the floor).......must see TV especially when it was a AL game for somebody in a NL city. Ah...the old simple days.......LOL. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks, yeah, i agree, Yogi might be a little sharper than a 4.
I think it was the 1969 Topps set that had the little comic book inserts ... One of my first was Deron Johnson and I started 'following him' as best you could back then (newspaper, baseball cards, paperback scholastic stat books, etc) I think I traded for all his cards back then, especially when I found out he was originally a Yankee. Got to see him play a few times against The Mutts. (Congrats to all Mets fans, BTW)

Tony & Curt on Saturday was a treat. Getting to see 'out of town' games was very special back then. ... And yeah, I was my father's B&W TV remote control, too. Smile LOL ...
All of us kids back then should have formed a 'TV Remote Control Labor Union'
The TVR-CLU Local 815 ... I'm sure we were Legion!
LOL