`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
RIght Player --- Wrong Uniform

RE: RIght Player --- Wrong Uniform
The first player I ever PC'd was Mark Brunell with the Jags. Started in '96. I can overlook him in a Packers uniform since that was his rookie year, but nothing else...especially a Redskins uniform.
"A collection isn't a collection unless you have some of everything." ~kollectornet

I have a heavy Brees Centric PC and like jephthah1 I don't mind his rookie year cards in another uniform. I have a handful of 2002-free agency cards in his Chargers uniform that I got mostly from generosity of friends and I cherish those cards. I mostly though only go out looking for rookies or 2006-present Brees cards. Unless it's a 2002-2005 auto for really cheap then I'm like "woo Brees auto!"

In Baseball I tend to shy away from Frank Thomas cards that are not from his White Sox days, but if I'm gifted some or a handful appear in a lot of commons, no worries. He's still my favorite all time baseball player.

I mostly stop collecting people once they leave the Saints via trade or free agency (I get less butt hurt over a trade unless the player *forced* the trade). I had a midsize Jimmy Graham PC going and then he abruptly got traded. I already sold off most of my duplicate autos in 2014 so I guess these remaining cards (base and otherwise) are going to just stew.
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram

(09-26-2015, 07:32 PM)pwill5249 Wrote: I won't collect Frank Gore in Colts stuff. His career ended to me when he left San Fran, but I still pick up his 49ers stuff.
I was the same way about Edge in Cardinals gear up until about 2011.

(09-26-2015, 12:25 PM)maizenblue73175 Wrote: ANY COWBOY THAT ENDS UP ON ANOTHER TEAM I STOP COLLECTING. I ALSO PREFER MICHIGAN WOLVERINES IN THEIR COLLEGE UNIS RATHER THAN NFL TEAM.
Haha we could trade Cowboys & Wolverines for Giants & Buckeyes

(09-27-2015, 03:37 AM)jephthah1 Wrote: The first player I ever PC'd was Mark Brunell with the Jags. Started in '96. I can overlook him in a Packers uniform since that was his rookie year, but nothing else...especially a Redskins uniform.
Maybe its because the player should have retired instead of trying starting over with another time after their skills have diminished. The cards are just symbols of them hanging on too long.

Emmitt with the Cardinals
Brunell with the Redskins
Deion with the Ravens and Redskins
Jerry Rice with the Seahawks
Edge with the Cardinals
My Bucket

Wish list
1) Reggie White Auto
2) 2005 Topps Fan Favorite John Elway Auto (Baseball)
4) $$$ to buy 1 & 2

No not me, but pretty thats a pretty interesting collection you must have!!
Wants:
2006 Bowman Sterling Red Refractors #RB1 JSY Reggie Bush 1/1
2006 SP Authentic Rookie Autographed NFL Logo Patches #252 JSY AU Reggie Bush 1/1
2006 Topps Red Hot Rookies Autographs #RB Reggie Bush/10

(09-27-2015, 02:37 PM)jeremy7269 Wrote: Maybe its because the player should have retired instead of trying starting over with another time after their skills have diminished. The cards are just symbols of them hanging on too long.

Emmitt with the Cardinals
Brunell with the Redskins
Deion with the Ravens and Redskins
Jerry Rice with the Seahawks
Edge with the Cardinals
Edge was still productive when he went to AZ, but he was also splitting time with Beanie (wtf). Big part of helping the Cardinals get to the Super Bowl (specifically leading up to and in the playoffs). Now, when he went to SEA, that was hanging on too long.

I like players that served their whole careers with the Chicago Bears. The only other jerseys that might pop up are from the college or a Hawaii game. I do see your point, though. Players careers and reputations are often built with one team. The other looks just don't matter.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.