`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Yogi Berra ....passed away at the age of 90

RE: Yogi Berra ....passed away at the age of 90
(09-25-2015, 06:07 PM)bamyanks Wrote: And my last fuzzy memory Yogi Story was when he managed the Yankees, one of those rare times you heard about him getting angry (after a bad road trip). They got in the bus and Phil Linz was playing a harmonica and Yogi stood up, and told him to 'stick that harmonica up your ... !" . Linz didn't hear Yogi over his 'Mary had a Little Lamb' song so he turned to Mickey and asked, "What did he say?" And The Mick replied, "He said to play louder!" Smile That was a huge newspaper story, and semi-responsible for Yogi getting fired after losing the 1964 WS.
Yes, I love this story, but did you hear the end of it? It seems that the company that made the harmonica Linz was playing paid Linz either $200 or $500 for the endorsement. Whichever amount it was, it turns out that's what Yogi fined him for the incident. I think neither one held a grudge so they got along. But it's a great story.
[/quote]

I never heard about that endorsement! Too funny! LOL !
Thanks for making a good Yogi story even better!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.