• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Core Four minus One

My Core Four minus One
Almost got my Core Four ...
[Image: null_zps49700a97.jpg]
Had this for a while .... pulled from a Heritage HN box. /10 but hard to see

Picked up These more recently
[Image: 5BDB73EA-4C58-4AF2-8098-A1FF42B3339B_zpsilms0j1n.jpg]

Now I just need a Jeter auto card ... Although this is a good place holder until I find one ...
[Image: 0a62524c16e801c27ff028f507f357cc_zps5dd9899c.jpg]
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: My Core Four minus One
Beautiful cards Doc. There's something about the Heritage real one auto's that just set them apart from all other auto's on the market. I guess when it comes down to it, I just dont think those vintage Topps designs (and Bowman although not applicable here) can ever be surpassed in originality and beauty. Some people dont like vintage because of its simplicity. I can look through my sets of '63 Topps all day, over and over, and not be able to get past the beauty.

Really nice Doc. Love the Rivera
Looking for HOF auto's in Baseball, Basketball and Hockey.

Always open to trading!

Photo Bucket
http://s949.photobucket.com/albums/ad331...49_bucket/

(09-22-2015, 07:39 AM)Hofcollector Wrote: Beautiful cards Doc. There's something about the Heritage real one auto's that just set them apart from all other auto's on the market. I guess when it comes down to it, I just dont think those vintage Topps designs (and Bowman although not applicable here) can ever be surpassed in originality and beauty. Some people dont like vintage because of its simplicity. I can look through my sets of '63 Topps all day, over and over, and not be able to get past the beauty.
Agreed about the Heritage Real One autos .., love them. New Vintage Smile I really enjoy the old designs, the old photos, fake pitching and batting stances, the old Yankee Stadium facade looming in the background of 50% of the photos, etc. Everything about the cards from the 60s 'speak to me' ... I like 'em all, but vintage is cooler, and the Real One autos are like a fantasy come true. I would have totally freaked out as a kid, if I opened a pack of 1968 cards to find an auto of anybody!
(09-22-2015, 08:41 AM)greekgoony Wrote: Really nice Doc. Love the Rivera
Thanks! I really love the Trinity Pure Glass cards ... Finding a decently priced Rivera was a double bonus for me.
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

What, no Mick in your "core four"? I love rhyming as much as anyone. BUT, what kind of yank fan doesn't have The Mick in their "core four"?

Re2pect!!
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

The Core Four were specifically Jeter, Pettitte, Posada, and Rivera ... They all came up through the farm system and are considered the 'core' of the Yankees success through 1996-2009. Some add Bernie Williams as a fifth wheel, but he came up a few years earlier, although a farm system product that was very responsible for the Yankees successfulness.
Of course, The Mick holds a special place in my heart, as he does for most Yankees Fans. My Old-Time core four would have to be Mick, Whitey, Yogi & Rizzutto ... Four guys who probably have more WS rings (or championship rings, trophies, cups, etc) together than any other 4 individuals in sports!

(09-22-2015, 01:56 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: The Core Four were specifically Jeter, Pettitte, Posada, and Rivera ... They all came up through the farm system and are considered the 'core' of the Yankees success through 1996-2009. Some add Bernie Williams as a fifth wheel, but he came up a few years earlier, although a farm system product that was very responsible for the Yankees successfulness.
Of course, The Mick holds a special place in my heart, as he does for most Yankees Fans. My Old-Time core four would have to be Mick, Whitey, Yogi & Rizzutto ... Four guys who probably have more WS rings (or championship rings, trophies, cups, etc) together than any other 4 individuals in sports!
Ah, thanks for sharing.
Not being a yankee fan, I didn't know.

[quote='DrMitchJ' pid='2578079' dateline='1442939347']

Agreed about the Heritage Real One autos .., love them. New Vintage Smile I really enjoy the old designs, the old photos, fake pitching and batting stances, the old Yankee Stadium facade looming in the background of 50% of the photos, etc. Everything about the cards from the 60s 'speak to me' ... I like 'em all, but vintage is cooler, and the Real One autos are like a fantasy come true. I would have totally freaked out as a kid, if I opened a pack of 1968 cards to find an auto of anybody!

As a fellow Yankee fan, I really love the Heritage auto of Pettitte. The red ink auto seems to fit right in with the card. I guess I like the Rivera the least, but they're all nice.

And I agree about the vintage. I'm trying to make Yankee Team sets from most of the Topps sets thru 1964. I especially love the horizontal issues, 1956 and 1960 are gorgeous. Plus the 1961 set I'm trying to do a team set and the whole set. I can't begin to describe the memories the 1961 set bring back to me. Like you I enjoy all cards, but if God told me I could only do one or the other, VINTAGE rules.

Thanks for sharing the scans.
[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]

(09-22-2015, 02:07 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: Ah, thanks for sharing.
My pleasure.
(09-22-2015, 02:07 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: Not being a yankee fan, I didn't know.
totally understandable Smile

(09-22-2015, 03:02 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: My pleasure.
totally understandable Smile
You're sooo much nicer than the picture in my head of what a Yankee fan is!!