`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Selling Everything and Need Some Advice

Selling Everything and Need Some Advice
Recently had financial issues which caused me to sell off all of my higher BV stuff and now looking to sell off everything else hobby related because I honestly don't miss collecting at all but need some advice on how to more easily sell it all. I have a good amount of new supplies. Am I better off offering mixed lots of penny sleeves, top loads, 9 pocket pages and magnetic holders or selling each type off separately? I have a bunch of SPs, Parallels, numbered, and inserts to move. Should I do as one big lot or break into team lots? What is the best way to move the junk autos and game used we all have? I also could use some advice on what to do with all the common cards. Is it even worth breaking into team lots? Thanks for any help with these questions and any other advice you can offer. I do appreciate it.

RE: Selling Everything and Need Some Advice
Sorry to hear you are getting out of the hobby...although when life makes you alter your priorities, you just have to roll with it. Here's to hoping you get things settled and you get the itch to come back!

Supplies are a bugger to sell online as you really can't match what the major companies can sell them for. My suggestion would to put those on Craigslist or Facebook and see what happens.

As far as the rest of the cards go...you can always use ebay, however with the amount of time/effort/$ it would take to get rid of the rest it might not be worth it. What about a garage sale? Honestly, that's how I've moved all of my junk stuff in the past. For example, for $5 I would put a game-used, an auto and about 100 cards in a grab bag. They go like crazy.

Are there shows in and around your area you could set up at? That also might be an avenue to look into.

Best of luck!

Mark

It really depends on if you have time to take to get the most money or if you just want to get rid of anything and get what you can right away. I would suggest online forums, facebook, twitter, and craigslist to get rid of the supplies and possibly even some of the cards you have left. Lower end cards don't do that well on eBay. Lots can be hit or miss, but the more info you put in the description of the lot the better chance you will find a buyer. Best of luck in selling.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Thanks for the advice and well wishes with the selling guys. I will probably put the supplies on Craigslist as suggested or try to sell them on the forums. The garage sale/flea market idea may be the best bet for me as suggested for most of the other stuff. Collecting was fun but the selling of it all is a PIA.