Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
How do you organize your basketball (or other sport) card collection

How do you organize your basketball (or other sport) card collection
Hello,

I just recently entered back into the hobby after 15-20yrs being away.

I have seen several YouTube videos of collectors showing how they organize and store their collections. Curious to see how the experienced, seasoned Beckett community stores theirs. I attached two photos of how I store my collection which is stored in a closet currently.

The black boxes were purchased from www.cardcasepro.com (pricey but worth it, in my opinion). I store sets and random inserts (low value) in albums. My card board boxes store what is written on them with the blank ones storing random cards and supplies (ex: card sleeves and top loaders).

I am not sure if an actual video can be uploaded but if so, I am very curious to see how you have your collection stored. If an upload cannot happen, a YouTube URL would be great!

Happy collecting,
Nate

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks,

Nate

|Basketball Card Collector|BGS 9.5 Enthusiast|

RE: How do you organize your basketball (or other sport) card collection
How many graded cards do those cases hold? I looked on the website you provided but couldnt find a total. Those are nice.

[Image: Nick.jpg]

Cardboard storage boxes have all my sets that are either under US$100 or simply won't fit into the 2-piece clear cases. 2-piece clear cases have my sets that are valued at over US$100. All Sets are organised alphabetically according to beckett. My PC's (player collections) are organised thus in padded 3-ring binders - chronologically by year, alphabetically by product, numerically by set number, easiest-hardest for parallels, alphabetically for inserts. For me, this saves confusion and i know where everything is.

Collect Patrick Ewing, Jalen Rose, Kevin Garnett, LaMarcus Aldridge, Jeff Green

if you have less than 25 trades, I will ask you to send first.

(09-06-2015, 03:02 PM)nickm1123 Wrote: How many graded cards do those cases hold? I looked on the website you provided but couldnt find a total. Those are nice.
Hello,

For BGS slabs, it can hold 25 per row. The box can fit 4 rows so safe to say roughly 100. For PSA slabs, should be slightly more. I would guestimate 110.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks,

Nate

It depends on what you collect. I've never gone for sets; I go for players. The cheaper cards end up in binders, the nicer cards in toploaders I keep in the standard 5,000-count boxes, and the best get graded before sitting in boxes when they aren't displayed. Each player is organized by year and alphabetical set.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

Hello,

This is the YouTube video which made me aware of the black case boxes that I use. This guy has a great collection of graded and non-graded cards!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5JUHH897xE

Nate
Thanks,

Nate

Nice video! I'd put those cards in graded card sleeves though, keep em scratch free
NBA 50 GREATEST AUTOGRAPHS - 48/50 - 96%

50 Greatest still need - Chamberlin, Maravich.

I was looking for boxes for graded cards for some time and almost went with the same boxes you have. Very nice look to them. I ended up going with more protection then is really needed but I went with SKB box. It's more for military equipment and cameras but I found it works perfect for card collections too. One thing I love is that it's waterproof and is lockable

[Image: 96860FA6-7FC4-4993-B70D-78088C8D6346_zpskn2ejjwp.jpg]
[Image: EEEA3874-1A82-436A-B88D-A150277DFE36_zpscmjasnr0.jpg]
[Image: 31B9DE5F-F43B-486B-ABE3-04B9D594FD4C_zps1io0eb2c.jpg]
NBA 50 GREATEST AUTOGRAPHS - 48/50 - 96%

50 Greatest still need - Chamberlin, Maravich.

Just picked up a 3 ring binder recently with sheets capable of holding toploaders. I like it so far. I bit pricey, so only use for my top end stuff

http://www.toploaderbinder.com/shop.php