`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Super Collecting + Crowd Sourcing = Crowd Collecting? I Need *YOUR* Help!

RE: Super Collecting + Crowd Sourcing = Crowd Collecting? I Need *YOUR* Help!
Looking forward to hearing what you have!
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23 - Questions about this? PM ME! Smile
www.TanManBaseballFan.com
Do you have rare Jose Canseco cards? Let me know!
Author of Confessions of a Baseball Card Addict

I got these in last week, but my woes at work still continue. It is like 1 step forward, 3 steps backward! But that is not why I am writing this evening.

I found someone online who had a Canseco collection they had been slowly selling off a bit at a time. I asked if he had anymore, and he gave me a link to his bucket, stating that they weren't for sale. Wellllll...I was able to convince him to sell some!

Here they are:

The good, the great and the ugly.

[Image: 20150929_201004.jpg]

I'll start off with the middle card. It is a Leaf cut called "Pride of the Pinstripes. It is numbered to 9, so I figured I'd pick it up. I had it on my want list anyway Smile

On the right is a gorgeous Gypsy Queen mini numbered to 10. I'm sure at some point, I'll pick up a cheapo framed GQ auto/relic and slide this puppy in.

Finally, the one on the left. A Donruss Recollection numbered to 12....or is it 13? I don't recall, but either way - I was very happy to get my hands on this one as well.

Oh, one more thing ... remember how I showed off my 2000 Fleer Showcase Legacy #/20 card last time, saying how beautiful it was in hand, but not so much in pictures?

[Image: showcase.jpg]

As I was leaving the office, I had turned off the lights, and was about to shut down the door, when I saw how beautifully the card glowed when the evening light hit it perfectly. I figured I would snap a quick pic of it. Here it is!

[Image: 20150929_170838.jpg]

How cool is that? The purple crusade is the card just to the right of it ... not shimmer at all in that light. Crazy, huh?

Speaking of Crusade, I had mentioned that I may be coming close on getting a RED.

[Image: b117244f9dce58a55f7e0e921bfcb0c0.jpg]

I know a guy who has one. I made an offer, and he countered. I countered his counter. Then he countered my counter of his counter. I said no. Then, for the next 2 hours, he incrementally came down in price, and I broke. I agreed then asked for his paypal address.

Crickets.

He said he would get back with me, but then again, so did Natalie from high school. :/

I wrote a week later saying I would go ahead and up the price to the exact amount he countered with initially. That was 4 days ago. I still hold a little hope that he will agree, but we will see what happens. That would make an absolutely awesome ending to my flip quest this year. I've gotten my hopes up, but sadly, it may just never materialize.
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23 - Questions about this? PM ME! Smile

2014 marked the first year in ages since Canseco graced the cover of Topps baseball cards, but 2015 is really the first year that I'm able to enjoy and anticipate new product come out with him in it.

With each release this year, it has been a blast. The latest offerings have come from Topps Tek. After having learned my lesson with Leaf, and how sharply the Canseco pricing dropped after a few months, I decided to be a *little* more patient with Tek.

That held up for all of a week.

I was excited to see all the new variations of Canseco out there. Unfortunately, everybody and their brother wanted to be paid in gold coins for them. Base autos were being offered at $100, and serial numbered copies sometimes reaching $200. I don't think anyone bought at these levels, but after about a week, the prices finally came down.

I have been able to hunt down the majority of them, and while I have a few still incoming (including one BIG one) I am still in need of a few - namely the red /5 orbit non-auto, the 7a pattern (blades) and, interestingly enough ... the most common version. Oh, and don't forget any 1/1's out there I may be able to get.

Here is what I have so far:

[Image: 20151026_091600.jpg]

As always, if you have any rare Canseco cards, please let me know!

(10-26-2015, 09:33 AM)mouschi3 Wrote: 2014 marked the first year in ages since Canseco graced the cover of Topps baseball cards, but 2015 is really the first year that I'm able to enjoy and anticipate new product come out with him in it.

With each release this year, it has been a blast. The latest offerings have come from Topps Tek. After having learned my lesson with Leaf, and how sharply the Canseco pricing dropped after a few months, I decided to be a *little* more patient with Tek.

That held up for all of a week.

I was excited to see all the new variations of Canseco out there. Unfortunately, everybody and their brother wanted to be paid in gold coins for them. Base autos were being offered at $100, and serial numbered copies sometimes reaching $200. I don't think anyone bought at these levels, but after about a week, the prices finally came down.

I have been able to hunt down the majority of them, and while I have a few still incoming (including one BIG one) I am still in need of a few - namely the red /5 orbit non-auto, the 7a pattern (blades) and, interestingly enough ... the most common version. Oh, and don't forget any 1/1's out there I may be able to get.

Here is what I have so far:

[Image: 20151026_091600.jpg]

As always, if you have any rare Canseco cards, please let me know!
Hey Tanner,

Those really look sharp viewed together!!
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(10-26-2015, 09:51 AM)nolan5000 Wrote: Hey Tanner,

Those really look sharp viewed together!!
I love 'em! I also love the design. My only qualm with them is I wish they did different colors instead of just different patterns. IE green, blue, orange, black, etc.

(10-26-2015, 09:54 AM)mouschi3 Wrote: I love 'em! I also love the design. My only qualm with them is I wish they did different colors instead of just different patterns. IE green, blue, orange, black, etc.
Yeah, that would look pretty slick. Thought bubble. You might have just come up with your next custom.

I met a reseller last week who had some good stuff - after pouring over his checklist for a long time, I was able to find a few cards that I needed! Always fun to find multiple cards I need in one place ... that rarely happens anymore.

First was a 1995 Panini sticker w/a different back variation that I didn't know existed. Here are the differences: (I already had the one on the right)

[Image: Scan-278.jpg]

Next up is an embossed San Francisco Labor Day '97 Pacific card. These aren't checklisted, but I pick them up whenever I find them as they are quite rare. This is my first Labor Day & San Fran embossed card.

[Image: Scan-238.jpg]

A pacific paramount parallel that I didn't have (I always get excited getting these as they can be so tough to find!)

[Image: Scan-239.jpg]

And another Pacific parallel - the "extreme limited" versions numbered to 45. Love it! There are 2 others that I have that are similar to this, but have different wording on it.

[Image: Scan-228.jpg]

This next one is a 2000 E-X magnet hand numbered to 99. In my limited time searching online, I haven't found anything out about it at all. Where did it come from? The world may never know! Whether it came like this or not, I think it is a very cool/unique card.

[Image: Scan-230.jpg]

Last but not least ... the big daddy. 2000 E-X Essential Credentials NOW /49

[Image: Scan-193.jpg]

That is all for now! As always, if you have any cool Cansecos, let me know!

(10-27-2015, 03:45 PM)mouschi3 Wrote: I met a reseller last week who had some good stuff - after pouring over his checklist for a long time, I was able to find a few cards that I needed! Always fun to find multiple cards I need in one place ... that rarely happens anymore.

First was a 1995 Panini sticker w/a different back variation that I didn't know existed. Here are the differences: (I already had the one on the right)

[Image: Scan-278.jpg]

Next up is an embossed San Francisco Labor Day '97 Pacific card. These aren't checklisted, but I pick them up whenever I find them as they are quite rare. This is my first Labor Day & San Fran embossed card.

[Image: Scan-238.jpg]

A pacific paramount parallel that I didn't have (I always get excited getting these as they can be so tough to find!)

[Image: Scan-239.jpg]

And another Pacific parallel - the "extreme limited" versions numbered to 45. Love it! There are 2 others that I have that are similar to this, but have different wording on it.

[Image: Scan-228.jpg]

This next one is a 2000 E-X magnet hand numbered to 99. In my limited time searching online, I haven't found anything out about it at all. Where did it come from? The world may never know! Whether it came like this or not, I think it is a very cool/unique card.

[Image: Scan-230.jpg]

Last but not least ... the big daddy. 2000 E-X Essential Credentials NOW /49

[Image: Scan-193.jpg]

That is all for now! As always, if you have any cool Cansecos, let me know!
Some real nice stuff Tanner!!

(10-27-2015, 04:01 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: Some real nice stuff Tanner!!
Thanks!