`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auto grade re-submission

Auto grade re-submission
I just got an email that my grading submission was ready. I was shocked that this auto got a 9. I was more worried about the card grade itself, which turned out fine.

What are your guy's thoughts?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: Auto grade re-submission
(09-04-2015, 12:57 PM)titletowncards Wrote: I just got an email that my grading submission was ready. I was shocked that this auto got a 9. I was more worried about the card grade itself, which turned out fine.

Even though the whole card is not showing in relation to the autograph, it looks nicely centered.

According to BGS for a Grade 9 autograph -

This is a signature that is also very pleasing, but has slight imperfections that barely detract from the autograph. Very light bubbling or micro scratching is allowable, but no yellowing, fading, or smearing. Positioning should be nearly perfect - with just the very tips of a letter or two cut off or hidden.

Supposedly they will only re review if the label states the wrong card, but, I know lots of people inquire on re-submitting for whatever reason.

I guess the thing to keep in mind is...if another person at Beckett graded it....would his grades on the card as a whole be different? Would he make the autograph a 10, but lower the corners? Lower the centering?

To me....it's all subjective to the individual doing the grading.
Collecting Minneapolis & Los Angeles Lakers items

(09-04-2015, 12:57 PM)titletowncards Wrote: I just got an email that my grading submission was ready. I was shocked that this auto got a 9. I was more worried about the card grade itself, which turned out fine.

The last part of the auto is pretty streaky. That's probably why you got a 9. IF I were a BGS Grader, I'd give it a 9.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

It's not as streaky in person. But appreciate the response. I've seen worse get a 10, but it's all in the eyes of the grader.

(09-04-2015, 02:27 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: The last part of the auto is pretty streaky. That's probably why you got a 9. IF I were a BGS Grader, I'd give it a 9.
I agree. When I looked at the picture, the streaky part popped out at me.
[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]

(09-04-2015, 02:33 PM)titletowncards Wrote: It's not as streaky in person. But appreciate the response. I've seen worse get a 10, but it's all in the eyes of the grader.
May I ask you what Grade the card got?
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(09-04-2015, 03:12 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: May I ask you what Grade the card got?
Sure, the sub grades were:
Centering 9.5
Corners 8.5
Edges 8
Surface 8.5

Overall 8.5

I'm happy with the overall grade, but I question the auto for sure. I'll post a different pic later.