Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it time to trade/sell...Josh Donaldson edition

RE: Is it time to trade/sell...Josh Donaldson edition
Ok man, thanks for your reply.

(09-22-2015, 03:06 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: Hones opinion, if your looking to make money, hold it for a year or two. That could be a $2500 card.

Thanks man, that is what I was thinking. Was real surprised how much it sold for...must have had a bidding war.

(09-22-2015, 03:16 PM)greekgoony Wrote: I would wait until the playoffs start. If he continues to do well and the Jays make it to the world series, people will go nuts for his stuff ( even more than now)
[Image: FirstHeltonBanner.jpg]

I Always send extra cards when I trade
Filip Forsberg, Todd Helton, Charlie Blackmon, D.J. LeMahieu, Mikie Mahtook & Ben Paulsen I don't have.

He's slumping a bit now, so there might be a lull in his stuff, but I think whether now or later is the best time to sell depends on if you want to gamble on the Jays playoff run, as success in the post-season can bring big increases to card values, but if they go out, even an MVP won't give much of a boost.

Remember he's 29, so he's not a prospect whose cards are going to shoot up - there's already been a big increase, not sure how much more room they have to move barring a WS win. People paying big bucks right now are gambling the Jays will make a deep run. But older guys who become stars don't necessarily see the huge increases (see JD Martinez or Jose Bautista a couple of years ago).
Trading for cut autos of baseball HOFers I don't have, autos of current and future Cleveland Guardians, and anything else that catches my eye!

(09-22-2015, 05:50 PM)roger rabbit Wrote: He's slumping a bit now, so there might be a lull in his stuff, but I think whether now or later is the best time to sell depends on if you want to gamble on the Jays playoff run, as success in the post-season can bring big increases to card values, but if they go out, even an MVP won't give much of a boost.

Remember he's 29, so he's not a prospect whose cards are going to shoot up - there's already been a big increase, not sure how much more room they have to move barring a WS win. People paying big bucks right now are gambling the Jays will make a deep run. But older guys who become stars don't necessarily see the huge increases (see JD Martinez or Jose Bautista a couple of years ago).
J.D. Martinez only has one year where his stats really stand out and it's this year. Although I don't agree and I hate to admit it, Bautista's cards haven't taken off because most Americans don't give Toronto any respect simply because they aren't an American team and they (Toronto) haven't done anything in a long time. If Donaldson can string another 2 or 3 years together of MVP conversation caliber play, no one remembers or cares how old he is. Jose Abreu broke in at 27 years old and his cards were red hot.

I'd hold at least until after the awards are handed out. People kept saying that Trout's value had reached its peak and people sold and traded. Then his values went up again. Same could happen for Donaldson. Young player, good team, reasonably low number of autos out there and a potential MVP award could equal a nice spike in value.
Kepler