Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Hit the dollar tree near my house.
Rainbow 
Hit the dollar tree near my house.
So today I hit the dollar tree as I do every month and after getting my standard repacks I was looking around the rest of the cards and imagine my surprise when I saw that they had 2015 topps packs for sale. It was amazing to see something current for sale. Each pack has 5 cards and I cleaned them out of all the packs which was 36. This dollar tree seems to be getting repacks from Presstine and not cardsone anymore.Any one else notice if their dollar tree is changing who they get thier repacks from.

RE: Hit the dollar tree near my house.
Did you get anything good out of those packs. I have seen the 5 card packs before, but always just assumed they were all base cards, since there weren't any odds listed on the backs of the packs I saw.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(09-02-2015, 11:15 PM)djohn Wrote: Did you get anything good out of those packs. I have seen the 5 card packs before, but always just assumed they were all base cards, since there weren't any odds listed on the backs of the packs I saw.
I got just the base cards out of the packs. They are all base cards.

(09-02-2015, 11:33 PM)ckrakowski Wrote: I got just the base cards out of the packs. They are all base cards.
That's what I thought. 5 base cards for $1, doesn't seem like a great deal to me. That means you got 180 base cards for $36, which is pretty close to the same amount you would pay to get a complete factory set which has over 600 cards in it.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(09-03-2015, 08:59 AM)djohn Wrote: That's what I thought. 5 base cards for $1, doesn't seem like a great deal to me. That means you got 180 base cards for $36, which is pretty close to the same amount you would pay to get a complete factory set which has over 600 cards in it.
I know the dollar store near my house sells the same kind of packs. The baseball ones have been duds, but the 2015 Score football cards all have one RC per pack. I have already pulled about 4 Marriota and 7 Winston RCs in about 35 packs

(09-03-2015, 08:59 AM)djohn Wrote: That's what I thought. 5 base cards for $1, doesn't seem like a great deal to me. That means you got 180 base cards for $36, which is pretty close to the same amount you would pay to get a complete factory set which has over 600 cards in it.
maybe but i like to buy the packs and pull the complete set of cards that way.

(09-03-2015, 08:59 PM)ckrakowski Wrote: maybe but i like to buy the packs and pull the complete set of cards that way.
i built the 88 topps set that way with my dad, fun days!!
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

(09-03-2015, 08:59 PM)ckrakowski Wrote: maybe but i like to buy the packs and pull the complete set of cards that way.
$36 could be spent more wisely, IMO. If there's a Target or Walmart nearby, you can almost buy 2 blasters ($40) and get 10 packs (10 cards each pack) & a special card (beautiful Gold Medallion) in each blaster! Nearly, 200 cards, with inserts and color parallels and an off chance of getting an autographed card, or a better chance at a relic card. The dollar packs are just 5 base cards ... And the way the get handled there in those card dumps, 1:4 are probably dinged.

Medallion cards :
[Image: F46A572E-3BC5-402D-AA59-7B371586A80F_zpsn3zagbvd.jpg]

Gold inserts & relic cards:
[Image: D51A6315-3AA2-47A0-A909-A3371DF59D77_zpsomtmbcpf.jpg]

At Target, you also get a coupon book included in each blaster good towards future purchases. For example, In Series 1, there were $5 off for series 2 blasters.
So in essence, after getting 2 blasters for $40, you'd then be able to get 2 more for $30 which averages your cost to $15.50 per blaster, which works our cheaper than buying 16 dollar store packs with only 80 base cards.

Just trying to steer you into a better direction! Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(09-04-2015, 05:55 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: $36 could be spent more wisely, IMO. If there's a Target or Walmart nearby, you can almost buy 2 blasters ($40) and get 10 packs (10 cards each pack) & a special card (beautiful Gold Medallion) in each blaster! Nearly, 200 cards, with inserts and color parallels and an off chance of getting an autographed card, or a better chance at a relic card. The dollar packs are just 5 base cards ... And the way the get handled there in those card dumps, 1:4 are probably dinged.

Medallion cards :
[Image: F46A572E-3BC5-402D-AA59-7B371586A80F_zpsn3zagbvd.jpg]

Gold inserts & relic cards:
[Image: D51A6315-3AA2-47A0-A909-A3371DF59D77_zpsomtmbcpf.jpg]

At Target, you also get a coupon book included in each blaster good towards future purchases. For example, In Series 1, there were $5 off for series 2 blasters.
So in essence, after getting 2 blasters for $40, you'd then be able to get 2 more for $30 which averages your cost to $15.50 per blaster, which works our cheaper than buying 16 dollar store packs with only 80 base cards.

Just trying to steer you into a better direction! Smile
It all comes down to spending wisely!!!! anytime im in the states i buy blasters
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

(09-04-2015, 12:28 PM)alfredoleal2001 Wrote: It all comes down to spending wisely!!!! anytime im in the states i buy blasters
And ... I'm just assuming that Ckrakowski is near a target or Walmart. Awfully presumptuous of me.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.