`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beckett and their pricing

RE: Beckett and their pricing
(09-02-2015, 08:01 AM)yankees_pride Wrote: So 2015 Topps chrome is recently updated with pricing and it has me scratching my head a little.

Either the high number rookie sp's aren't really short print or Beckett doesn't do great research as far as pricing

Linder for example sells on eBay from $11 to $30. So we will say average of $20. In my dealings in the past that would make it a $40 BV card. BUT looking at the price the have listed (>15) that would make it a $6 sell.

I find that hard to believe

And then the sepias which aren't numbered are all booking >$5 and I am buying them around .50-.75 each.

I don't get it

It also makes it hard to trade on here because I can go out and buy all the sepias I want for .50 each and then be a jerk and trade them to you guys at full BV.

NOT RIGHT
You are not being a jerk. It is the same thing we all do on here by buying from the discount bins at shows and shops, then trade them to someone at BV because they are a local hero for your fellow trader. There is a card shop that I go to occasionally down in Houston. I get 800 ct boxes filled to the brim with all sorts of parallels and rcs. I get them for around $20. The best of the boxes I have bought had a BV of around $300, to which I use to trade on here for what I really want.

can someone explain to me why "base" Topps has a higher BV than Chrome in many cases ie: Trout and Jeter ? ..... also the pricing is wayyyyy off base SP's are selling for what BV is and geesh my Orange Refractor Pablo Sandoval /25 only books for $15 ??? ..... someone really dropped the ball on this one, or Beckett is just taking da bay pricing and making it their own Sad

(09-02-2015, 07:40 PM)pbean Wrote: can someone explain to me why "base" Topps has a higher BV than Chrome in many cases ie: Trout and Jeter ? ..... also the pricing is wayyyyy off base SP's are selling for what BV is and geesh my Orange Refractor Pablo Sandoval /25 only books for $15 ??? ..... someone really dropped the ball on this one, or Beckett is just taking da bay pricing and making it their own Sad
This is what I am saying. I don't think the pricing on sp's is justified. And I have a good Castillo auto and only books $XX. It should be at least $100

(09-02-2015, 07:47 PM)yankees_pride Wrote: This is what I am saying. I don't think the pricing on sp's is justified. And I have a good Castillo auto and only books $XX. It should be at least $100
agreed ..... the Gallo SP RC sells for an average of $13 on da bay ..... books for $15 ??? Tongue

(09-02-2015, 07:47 PM)yankees_pride Wrote: This is what I am saying. I don't think the pricing on sp's is justified. And I have a good Castillo auto and only books $XX. It should be at least $100
Hey man I added a bunch more of the sepias if you wanna see if you need any of them!
(sig courtesy of jbel4331)
[Image: sdh5p0.png]
Sets
2013 Bowman Inception Base Auto - 56/62 -90.3%
2011 Topps Cognac Diamond Anniversary(Series 1 & 2) - 383/709 -54%
2011 Topps Diamond Anniversary (Series 1 & 2) - 371/709 -52.3%
2014 Topps 1989 Die Cuts - 119/150 - 79.3%

(09-02-2015, 07:54 PM)pbean Wrote: agreed ..... the Gallo SP RC sells for an average of $13 on da bay ..... books for $15 ??? Tongue
This ^^^ was explained by DJohn and as I turn blue in the face, Beckett doesn't use Ebay as it's only source for sales data because Ebay isn't the only place to buy and sell cards.

sp have traditionally started high, then crashed. see trout gatorade walmart card, which peaked at 150, and settled to 30. sellers had been taking advantage of this. maybe beckett is taking this into account now, and coming out with a more realistic initial pricing given the historical market data for sp(including that damn squirrel card, which crashed soooo hard)

(09-03-2015, 04:14 AM)Hofcollector Wrote: This ^^^ was explained by DJohn and as I turn blue in the face, Beckett doesn't use Ebay as it's only source for sales data because Ebay isn't the only place to buy and sell cards.
+1