`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Value of cards

Value of cards
i have a question that no one can answer. I'm hoping that someone here can. Do BGS, BVG, and BCCG all have the same dollar value on beckett price guide?

Example if the same card (1979 Topps Ozzie Smith Rookie) is graded BGS 9 and BCCG 9. Does this card have the same value?

Thanks.

RE: Value of cards
[quote='ballplayer4life' pid='2574833' dateline='1441063442'Example if the same card (1979 Topps Ozzie Smith Rookie) is graded BGS 9 and BCCG 9. Does this card have the same value? Thanks.[/quote]

ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!

BCCG is Beckett's collectors club grading which is a cheaper way to get your cards graded and also has completely different grading guidelines.

A BCCG 9 is "Near Mint or better" which is basically a 7 near mint, while a BGS 9 is "Mint", so right off the bat they are different grades which equals different values. I personally stay away from BCCG cards. Why Beckett has BCCG is beyond me, it really doesn't need to exist, just complicates things and makes it easier for scammers to try and pull one over on un-suspecting people.

As for BVG (Beckett Vintage Grading), this is the same grading guidelines as BGS but only for vintage cards (pre 1981).

BCCG cards will typically get lower value than if the card were graded by BGS or BVG.

BCCG is so low rent I've gone through great pains to educate all loved ones, "Should you decide to buy me a graded card on any gift giving occasion...AVOID BCCG!!!"
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram

(08-31-2015, 06:49 PM)altz11 Wrote: ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!

BCCG is Beckett's collectors club grading which is a cheaper way to get your cards graded and also has completely different grading guidelines.

A BCCG 9 is "Near Mint or better" which is basically a 7 near mint, while a BGS 9 is "Mint", so right off the bat they are different grades which equals different values. I personally stay away from BCCG cards. Why Beckett has BCCG is beyond me, it really doesn't need to exist, just complicates things and makes it easier for scammers to try and pull one over on un-suspecting people.

As for BVG (Beckett Vintage Grading), this is the same grading guidelines as BGS but only for vintage cards (pre 1981).

BCCG cards will typically get lower value than if the card were graded by BGS or BVG.
+5000 Exemplary answer!!
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

is there even a price guide for BCCG?

(09-01-2015, 06:39 PM)ballplayer4life Wrote: is there even a price guide for BCCG?
I don't think so. But, I'd steer clear of BCCG. I learned the hard way; they're not worth it.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(09-01-2015, 06:39 PM)ballplayer4life Wrote: is there even a price guide for BCCG?
BCCG only gives a general "grade range" on the label. Look at your BCCG label, read what it says. You would have to determine the grade within that range that you think the card fits for pricing. If you can't do that, send it in for BGS grading.

I got to handle a BCCG slab in person the other day for the first time. They are not the robust BGS slab! They are much slimmer PSA style holders.
Looking To Buy BGS Graded 9.5/10 Chipper Jones...Contact Me If Selling

bccg isnt grading. it' s mostly protection