`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shoeless Joe Jackson to be Reinstated?

Shoeless Joe Jackson to be Reinstated?
I just read that a decision has already been made by Commissioner Manfred on the reinstatement of Shoeless Joe into MLB. The decision will be revealed tomorrow morning on the Shoeless Joe Jackson Museum's facebook page.

I hope he gets reinstated. That would be pretty cool. What do you guys think?

RE: Shoeless Joe Jackson to be Reinstated?
Just read this myself as well. It will be interesting to see the reveal.
My Website: thepointguard.weebly.com
Also Collecting: Five Star Autos, '50s Topps Sets
Current Top Wants: '15 Chipper Jones & Other Five Star Autos
[Image: PGBanner_zps899b0bff.jpg]

That would be very interesting.

I read years ago that Shoeless Joe was a blue collar type guy. He was not the devious type that go along with throwing a game. That's why his stats were still incredible during that series.

Give the commissioner credit for stepping out and taking a stand on an issue that he could have easily left alone.

Well....that is if the reports are true...haha.
My Bucket

Wish list
1) Reggie White Auto
2) 2005 Topps Fan Favorite John Elway Auto (Baseball)
4) $$$ to buy 1 & 2

I say, Reinstate him and put him in the Hall of Fame

I support this cause. He played amazing during that series..... and has the coolest nickname in the history of baseball.....
Looking for Kris Bryant colors, Goldy rookies, Correa rookies, Joc rookies and other prospects and rookie autos!

Shoeless Joe...YES
Pete Rose...NO

(08-31-2015, 05:56 PM)rbanfan Wrote: I say, Reinstate him and put him in the Hall of Fame
+1

And Pete Rose.

Kind of torn on this. On one hand, the guy broke the rules and received his punishment. On the other hand, I'm a forgive but don't forget person. If he is elected and inducted, his plaque must state that he was suspected of helping to throw the WS in 1919 along with 7 other teamates and was banned from organized baseball by the then commish. Here's hoping all you HOF collectors have something of his already.....prices are gonna skyrocket!
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(08-31-2015, 08:31 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Here's hoping all you HOF collectors have something of his already.....prices are gonna skyrocket!
I am curious to see how it affects the value of his cards if he's reinstated. I do have a bat card of his and I'm good with thatSmile

I know his numbers stated otherwise but even he admitted to conspiring in throwing a World Series. To me that is one of the unforgivable sins anyone could commit. You work hard with blood, sweat, and tears to make it to one of the biggest sporting events in America only to lose it for some money. I cannot forgive that like I can on betting on baseball or personnel flaws outside the game such as drugs or some cases of domestic violence.

With that said, as much as I believe that Joe was a good person, what he did was unforgivable and anytime people talk about him the first thing they will think of is of him throwing the series. With Rose a lot of people still see him as the hit king with betting being secondary to his legacy on the game.

I know some people aren't going to take my opinion kindly but it's just my 2 cents and if you disagree that's cool and I respect your right to disagree with me.
[Image: m5GDmvD.png]

Want List
- 2006 Craig Biggio SP Authentic By the Letter "B" "O"
- 1991 Topps Desert Shield Chipper Jones