`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
eBay scammer... need advice *UPDATE*

RE: eBay scammer... need advice *UPDATE*
I designed and printed them myself, and yes, they are are the best thing I have done in my eBay endevors. I have used them for about 10 years now.

Could he not see from the scan that the card is clearly Off-Centered and would never get a BGS 9.5?
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

This is what will seal the deal for the buyer getting whatever he wants. In the description appears this:

"Condition:
Brand New: An item that has never been opened or removed from the manufacturer’s sealing (if applicable). Item is in original shrink wrap (if applicable). See the seller's listing for full details."

I know you don't like anything I have posted, but I am speaking from experience. If the buyer can provide quality photos showing what they are seeing, you might want to consider a partial refund, UNLESS you have a lot already in this card. If you do get the card back, I would wait a few months for this listing to drift further upstream. It will look odd for you to be selling something you had already sold.

Unfortunately, any buyer that expects to 'flip' a card for more than he buys it for, by expecting to get a 9.5 through an eBay purchase is delusional. The whole reason "grading" really took off was because of online selling, where personal inspection was impossible. 'Guaranteed' conditions can never be assumed by a buyer, and never promised by a seller, unless it was graded in the first place.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Yea he is definitely trying to take advantage of you being a new seller, IMO. I would only take a full refund, not partial, if it comes down to that.

If I am planning on selling a card for over $100 on eBay, I typically include insurance on the card in case something comes up. I haven't had any issues since I started doing that.
[Image: Dm1XdZF.png]

Well so far it looks like this might work out for you. Just remember the buyer, if they paid with PayPal, has 180 days to dispute.

(09-01-2015, 06:20 PM)GoStros Wrote: Well so far it looks like this might work out for you. Just remember the buyer, if they paid with PayPal, has 180 days to dispute.

Geez, why don't they just give them the entire year?

(09-01-2015, 09:30 PM)altz11 Wrote: Geez, why don't they just give them the entire year?
They really started becoming buyer friendly when eBay took them over. Hopefully now that they are seperate again, maybe it will start coming back around to the ones that pay the fees, the sellers.

I did offer him a full refund and told him I wouldn't entrain a partial refund so he decided to keep it. I asked him why he didn't show show some proof of the supposed damages but he tried flipping the word "immaculate" against me. I told him neither of us are professional graders and it seemed like he was more concerned that the card didn't live up to him 9.5 expectations.

In the end it's over with. I wasn't trying to be a dishonest seller but next time I decide to sell I'm just going to say cards condition is as show and provide 5-6 pictures just so theres no confusion.
[Image: m5GDmvD.png]

Want List
- 2006 Craig Biggio SP Authentic By the Letter "B" "O"
- 1991 Topps Desert Shield Chipper Jones