`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beckett Auction or Ebay? Koufax Superfractor

Beckett Auction or Ebay? Koufax Superfractor
I am trying to decide whether to send my 2014 Finest Vintage Superfractor Sandy Koufax to Beckett Auction or sell it on Ebay. I am planning on getting it slabbed either way. I have the rainbow with regular refractor, gold refractor /25 and red refractor /10. I am considering selling it as a rainbow set as well. I could use a little knowledgeable feedback, any thoughts?

RE: Beckett Auction or Ebay? Koufax Superfractor
I don't know which auction place to choose but I wouldn't sell as a rainbow. I think you'll get more cash from separate auctions.
French RedSox Fan & Baseball cards collectors.
Sketch card fan.
Last Packs opened:
2 boxes of mars attacks: the revenge => 1 artist auto, 1 medallion & 2 silvers.

Next Packs:
nothing in sight

People I dealt with: card_fiend2013 ; rack85

honestly, neither to start. try a facebook group first, save yourself fees

but the card, though a super, probably isnt worth sending out for beckett auctions. lookihg at past auctions

the last couple of non-auto koufax one of ones sold for around 30 dollars each. the toppsm tribute sold for 70. a plate sold for 30.

supers are better of course, but top end for it would be 150, probably closer to 120

Beckett does a decent job with advertising their auctions, but they don't get nearly the same number of eyes as eBay. So unless multiple people who want the card see it there is a good chance it will end at the minimum bid. I have bought a handful of cards from Beckett Auctions and even after the buyers premium was able to resell them on eBay for a decent profit. The easiest thing is to make a Buy It Now listing with Best Offer on eBay and see if there is any interest.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(08-26-2015, 03:10 AM)ellis2211 Wrote: I am trying to decide whether to send my 2014 Finest Vintage Superfractor Sandy Koufax to Beckett Auction or sell it on Ebay. I am planning on getting it slabbed either way. I have the rainbow with regular refractor, gold refractor /25 and red refractor /10. I am considering selling it as a rainbow set as well. I could use a little knowledgeable feedback, any thoughts?
A good friend of mine has his own auction site. Its called Small Traditions. And its $0.00 (Zero) (Zilch) (Nada) seller's fees.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

There's also a few eBay consigners that typically get top dollar for items.

I'd probably sell it myself, that way you don't have to pay to ship it somewhere and then pay consigners/auction house fees.

Good luck!

(08-26-2015, 09:53 AM)altz11 Wrote: There's also a few eBay consigners that typically get top dollar for items.

I'd probably sell it myself, that way you don't have to pay to ship it somewhere and then pay consigners/auction house fees.

Good luck!
Dave's ST doesn't have fees. But, you would have to ship it to him in Colorado, though.

That eBay idea is good too. There's Probstein123 and Pre-War Card Collector.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

My only advice is to not use Beckett for the reasons given by Jacoby and DJ.

Myself (and most people I personaly know) really have no interest in collecting (ie spending much money on) new cards of older HOF unless they are auto's.

Great cards and congrats on completeing the rainbow. Best of luck and hope you run into a Sandy the K fanatic!!!!!!
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.