`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
no national treasures love?

no national treasures love?
I know it's high end...but I always wonder why there are so many posts on the baseball forum about their recent busts, but yet nothing (at all) on the basketball forum. is it because it's off season? is it because everyone does group breaks and they're just waiting for their cards to arrive?

as for myself, I'm tapped out...so yes, no national treasures busting for me (although I did buy into two breaks this past weekend).

just wondering, is all...

RE: no national treasures love?
I always lost my butt on basketball national treasures, so I only open the baseball ones
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

Did your cards arrive yet? Smile

I'd rather pick up singles... NT has been killing it with great looking cards, and wicked 1/1 GU cards.
I am "THE" Elgin Baylor collector. Collecting basketball cards since 1992. You may know me from other places as "SportsItUpCards" or "Gio"

Collecting:

Elgin Baylor

Steve Francis 1999-00 Rare cards #'d to 100 or less

facebook.com/groups/SportsCardsHobbyTalk

Well, I am kinda interested in the flawless baseball...so I may skip national treasures basketball too because I also get beat up every time I do that product.

(08-25-2015, 06:29 PM)swjrp10 Wrote: I always lost my butt on basketball national treasures, so I only open the baseball ones

To be honest, I think I only won one card. I had the Bucks in one and got wiped out. I also had the Pelicans and the Wizards in the other and only scored one card from the case. The RPAs are the nicest they've put out in awhile, but unless you score a Wiggins or a Jabari, or pull a very nice patch piece or Logoman, it's a brutal product...but aren't they all?!
(08-26-2015, 02:42 AM)nba50 Wrote: Did your cards arrive yet? Smile

I'd rather pick up singles... NT has been killing it with great looking cards, and wicked 1/1 GU cards.

(08-26-2015, 02:53 AM)kstjst48 Wrote: Well, I am kinda interested in the flawless baseball...so I may skip national treasures basketball too because I also get beat up every time I do that product.

To be honest, I think I only won one card. I had the Bucks in one and got wiped out. I also had the Pelicans and the Wizards in the other and only scored one card from the case. The RPAs are the nicest they've put out in awhile, but unless you score a Wiggins or a Jabari, or pull a very nice patch piece or Logoman, it's a brutal product...but aren't they all?!
The name of the game.... One of the many great things about this hobby - the thrill of the hunt! They can't all be winners, but when you do hit, you can hit big. It's definitely a hobby, and not an investment, so we just have fun with it, with or lose. Good luck in future breaks!
I am "THE" Elgin Baylor collector. Collecting basketball cards since 1992. You may know me from other places as "SportsItUpCards" or "Gio"

Collecting:

Elgin Baylor

Steve Francis 1999-00 Rare cards #'d to 100 or less

facebook.com/groups/SportsCardsHobbyTalk

Not very many big time busters left on this site for basketball. Mostly traders and some internet pals that enjoy showing each other their hauls and pcs.
Players I Collect:

[Image: NewBanner_zps183e3df7.jpg][/URL]

Henderson Auto PC Stats:
Non 1/1's Autos: 193/202 95.5%
1/1's: 22/37 59.5%
Jersey #'d - 65

(08-29-2015, 09:42 PM)crimedawg47 Wrote: Not very many big time busters left on this site for [PANINI's] basketball. Mostly traders and some internet pals that enjoy showing each other their hauls and pcs.
For Panini's "high-end" you mean! No way am I paying several hundred dollars for a box full of crap jersey cards, these manufactured gold "logomans" they've reverted back to (see 11'12 Panini Black Box Elite manufactured logomans) and sticker autos. Granted there are some on-card autos. I like the horizontal RPAs because you get a full-sized picture of the player but they're limited a print run of /10 per rookie. And the vertical RPAs I'm not a fan of because you get maybe a player pictured from his head to waist. Just kills the card for me.

I got in a case break and got a good team, the Dubs! Only managed to pull a Rick Barry gold proof on-card auto (nice although it seems a lot of ppl are not interested in his autos anymore but I'm happy with the hit..) and an Iggy base card.

If the license was shared with Topps, UD, Fleer...I'd be busting their high-end like it's 2003.

My $0.02
Inconstancy is my very essence says the wheel Rise up on my spokes if ya like but dnt complain wen ya cast back down into the depths Good times pass away but then so do the bad Mutability is our tragedy but its also our hope The worst of times like the best are always passin away http://www.photobucket.com/vgqv

(08-29-2015, 09:42 PM)crimedawg47 Wrote: Not very many big time busters left on this site for basketball. Mostly traders and some internet pals that enjoy showing each other their hauls and pcs.
I agree with this. This site doesn't get much breaking action anyways, but the high end stuff is rare to see here. Beckett has really been losing it's appeal. But that was the case when I joined back up a few years ago, it's only gotten worse since. Heck, you don't even see the high end junk UD has been putting out getting busted, but it's like the on most sites lol.
[Image: 23892124190_71315005dc_b.jpg]

I just came across a 14'15 NT Langston Galloway "Horizontal RPA" that's numbered /25. According to Panini's checklist all of the rookies' Horizontal RPAs are numbered /10. Come on Panini, what gives? You can't get your checklist right? It's the little things that count, Panini. Something it seems you may never learn!
Inconstancy is my very essence says the wheel Rise up on my spokes if ya like but dnt complain wen ya cast back down into the depths Good times pass away but then so do the bad Mutability is our tragedy but its also our hope The worst of times like the best are always passin away http://www.photobucket.com/vgqv