`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
UPDATE: I hate that I'm doing this...but I need your help

UPDATE: I hate that I'm doing this...but I need your help
Update 9/6: all, it is with great sadness that I let you know my friends dad passed away this morning at 7:33am after his short bout with liver and lung cancer. Your generosity has been absolutely overwhelming and I can't thank you all enough for participating. I'm waiting on a few more packages to arrive then I'll take a picture of what I'm sending for you all to see. Chris seems to be handling everything ok, but I'm not sure it's all set in yet. Hopefully the package we have ALL compiled for him will lift his spirits a bit. Thanks again to those of you who have sent, or are sending stuff to include, I can't thank you all enough.

I'm not normally one to ask for favors, so this is VERY out of character for me, but one of my best friends in the world just found out his dad has stage 4 liver and lung cancer. He's obviously very torn up about it, and I wanna put together a little care package for him. He just recently got into baseball (after years of me prodding him) and it seems a move to Florida did him a lot of good in that sense. He's become a big Tampa Bay Rays fan and I wanna do something around that for him. I'm gonna buy him an Evan Longoria jersey that he can wear to games and around town, but I'm wondering if anyone would be willing to throw some base Rays cards in the mail for me to ship along with the jersey. It really doesn't have to be anything fancy, I'm more than fine with just some base, but I really wanna try and do something to lift his spirits. If you're willing and able to help, shoot me a PM. Again, it's totally not my speed to ask for things, I just feel so bad for him. He and his dad are very close and this is tearing him up. I appreciate anything you all are willing to do. This community is the best around, no question.
Courtney Hawkins Supercollector
Always looking for ones we need!
58 cards needed for 1 of each unique card made! (Non 1/1's)

RE: I hate that I'm doing this...but I need your help
Where does he live down here

How quick do you need cards.
https://rad3427.imgbb.com/
WANT LIST
1. Nolan Arenado RCs (all colors)
2. Ken Griffey Jr (90s inserts)
3. Bryce Harper RCs (all colors)
4. Mookie Betts 
5. Juan Soto

(08-21-2015, 09:37 PM)yankees_pride Wrote: Where does he live down here
He lives in Port Charlotte
(08-21-2015, 09:53 PM)rad_1205 Wrote: How quick do you need cards.
I'd say within the next 10-12 days bud

I'm totally in.....PM me where to send the cards!

Mark

I would be willing to send some cards pm me

Would love to help, got a few Ray's cards, PM sent. We are praying for him, his dad, and his family.

hey man I'm totally in. I got some Longoria GU stuff that I'd be glad to send to you.

Ryan I got you bro let me see what I can do. Finally starting to get settled... thoughts and prays to your buddy and his family.
https://rad3427.imgbb.com/
WANT LIST
1. Nolan Arenado RCs (all colors)
2. Ken Griffey Jr (90s inserts)
3. Bryce Harper RCs (all colors)
4. Mookie Betts 
5. Juan Soto

Wow, thank you all so much for your generosity! I've PM'ed everyone I believe. Thank you all again for the help! I'll pass all the prayers on to him and his family.