`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best way to sell a large collection

Best way to sell a large collection
I'm moving overseas in a few months, and it breaks my heart but I cannot take all of my cards with me. So I'd like to find a way to sell off a huge chunk of my collection, but my postings on ebay have received no interest and craigslist is nothing but spam.

Since it doesn't look like this site has the capability to list sets, does anyone have any suggestions? There's no way I'll have the time to sell card by card, even if I wasn't in the middle of a huge move.

These are the complete sets I'm looking to sell:

Topps 1990-2012, 2014
Fleer 1981-1983, 1988-1995
Donruss 1998-1995
Upper Deck 1989-1995

Thanks, hopefully this hasn't been asked too many times already, I'm new to these forums.

RE: Best way to sell a large collection
check your local card shop. or if you know a power seller on e-bay try that as well.
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

Wayne had some good ideas. Where do you live? if you are in the DFW area, send me a PM and I'll work on helping you
Plano, Tx. Card Show #7, Sunday March 5, 2017 from 9 AM to 4 PM at Adat Chaverim (Northeast Corner Independence and Spring Creek) in Plano Tx.

I might be interested in taking a few off your hands. Send me a PM.
Thanks,
- Steve

I'm in the DC/Baltimore area. Talked to a card shop owner today, who told me to let them age another 20 years. Wish I could, but I've nowhere to put them anymore.

PM me a price for your 1989 UD set(s). I already have a handful of them and working on another, but adding a few might not be too bad.

Are they hand collated sets or factory sets? The biggest issue with selling these online is going to be the shipping costs. As the cost for shipping is going to be pretty close to the amount someone is willing to pay for each set. Your best bet is to find someone who wants a bunch of them, so that the total shipping will be less. Do you have any idea on how much you are wanting to get for the sets? If your expectation is to get anywhere near book value, then you are going to be way off, as most of these sets will sell for just a couple dollars each. The biggest exceptions are the early Fleer sets and the 1989 Upper Deck set. If it was me, I would try selling the 81-83 Fleer sets together, the 1989 Upper Deck set by itself or with the 1990-1991 sets. I believe you can fit 3 of the factory sets into a single flat rate priority mail box, which is going to be the most cost effective way to ship them. Hence selling them in groups of 3 will make the most money, when selling online.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/