`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kris bryant rc?

Kris bryant rc?
So I was just wondering, with around a month in mlb and over i dont know how many cards of his in existence, which ones are his true rookie cards??? I know theres the controversy about this topic but which have the RC denomination???
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

RE: Kris bryant rc?
Considering he didn't play his first MLB game until this season, any card before 2015 can't be his "true" RC. That's my opinion anyway.

Prospect cards from 1-2 years ago are not considered RCs, but are very collectable...the RC LOGO placed on cards helps with the controversy...However you have the issue of parallel cards and "are they real RCs" problem.

Some people collect "first cards"..that is any card that has him appearing for the first time..period..prospect, high school or minors...USA under 16, under 18 etc are collectible for that reason as well...

Many people are selling "RCs" on eBay that are not real RCs in my opinion..

I agree with those here. The Bowman/Chrome/Elite cards from the past ffew years would be considered like what they used to do when they did XRC cards. Those previous years before this year are XRCs. However, anything from this year (Topps, Chrome, Ginter) would be his true RC.

But the previous years are just as collectible if not more.

Things were so much easier in the 80's. I blame Al Gore and the interwebs! haha Seriously though, Pretty sure only the main card from the set he appears in with "RC" on his card is considered a "true rookie card". So as stated above any parallel version wouldn't be considered a "True" rc. But for me I would try and snag all cards that say "RC" on them and I would call them rookie cards whether a parallel or not. Just my 2 cents...
[Image: Woogie%2023_zpshzmly2km.jpg]

When I list a card on eBay that is a parallel card with RC LOGO, but does not say RC in the OPG..I state that the card has a RC LOGO..I DO NOT say that it is a RC...hedging my bet a bit I guess...Trying to be honest, since most collector agree that a TRUE RC is the one from the main set period...inserts and parallels may have RC LOGO, but are not really RCs per se...

I think there is a rule governing when the RC desination can be applied to a card....not sure what year this started, whose rule or what the rule is. I just go with the flow / hysterical masses on the general consensus of what constitutes a cards RC designation. (the base card in a companies main set is considered by most everyone as the true RC)

I know the difference, but appreciate seeing folks like bonds200001 being honest in what the card is in thier descriptions at the auction sites.....always feel sorry for someone who may not be a collector at all but want a card for some reason or another and are mislead by shady descriptions.

Also, please remember that Beckett isn't held in high esteem by many in our hobby...ie what's in thier org and price guides isn't gospel.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.