`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aroldis Chapman

Aroldis Chapman
Just thought this was noteworthy. Out of the 100 fastest pitches thrown so far this season in the Major Leagues, Aroldis Chapman threw all 100 of them.

http://m.mlb.com/cutfour/2015/08/14/1430...man-filter

I've stepped into a batting cage and swung at 90 mph fastballs. I fouled a couple of them off. I'm not sure I'd see a 100 mph pitch coming.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

RE: Aroldis Chapman
(08-14-2015, 07:26 PM)zeprock Wrote: Just thought this was noteworthy. Out of the 100 fastest pitches thrown so far this season in the Major Leagues, Aroldis Chapman threw all 100 of them.

http://m.mlb.com/cutfour/2015/08/14/1430...man-filter

I've stepped into a batting cage and swung at 90 mph fastballs. I fouled a couple of them off. I'm not sure I'd see a 100 mph pitch coming.
He's amazing
[Image: c420f836-983f-40d0-9430-a8ccfd947155_zpsfddf63fd.jpg]

(08-14-2015, 07:51 PM)gator1221 Wrote: He's amazing
+10000000
[Image: PIpbkRH.png]

Also collecting the top prospects for the Sox.
I never threw an illegal pitch. The trouble is, once in a while I toss one that ain't never been seen by this generation. — Satchel Paige
Special thanks to jbel for the sweet sig!

its still fast in slomo lol
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

(08-15-2015, 12:33 AM)alfredoleal2001 Wrote: its still fast in slomo lol
yeah, slow motion looks more like 90 mph, lol.
[Image: 971927d6500d72m3.jpg]

(08-15-2015, 12:33 AM)alfredoleal2001 Wrote: its still fast in slomo lol
LOL
I don't think I could even hit it in slow motion!
Wow, Chapman was blessed with an incredible gift! What an arm ... And he's been fairly reliable and productive, too!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

It's too bad for the Reds that this guy isn't a starter because they could sure use it lol

The Reds have good young arms. The rotation is all rookies right now who project to being quality starters, not to mention the 2 down in the minor league system who project to be top of the rotation guys.
They wanted to convert Chapman to a starter but after he tried it out in spring training a few years ago, he told them he preferred to stay in the closer role.

(08-16-2015, 09:36 AM)Nintari Wrote: It's too bad for the Reds that this guy isn't a starter because they could sure use it lol

(08-16-2015, 09:36 AM)Nintari Wrote: It's too bad for the Reds that this guy isn't a starter because they could sure use it lol
Don't say that too loud. Rember Joba Chamberlain when every fan wanted him as a starter then he crashed and burned then blamed the head coach for putting him out too soon.

I hope Chapman stays healthy and continues doing well. He is on one of my favorite cards with Sandy and Clayton white whale 1/1
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

(08-19-2015, 04:13 PM)waynetalger Wrote: Don't say that too loud. Rember Joba Chamberlain when every fan wanted him as a starter then he crashed and burned then blamed the head coach for putting him out too soon.

I hope Chapman stays healthy and continues doing well. He is on one of my favorite cards with Sandy and Clayton white whale 1/1
lol

All I'm saying is it's a terrible waste of talent. The reason Rivera will likely make it into the HOF as a closer is because he had games TO close.