`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
BGS order back, check out this 87 MJ

RE: BGS order back, check out this 87 MJ
That is sweet! Looks so good... too bad for that dot. A Gem of that card would be amazing! But still awesome sub grades. Also like the rest of the cards, all bring back great memories. Thanks for sharing them.
I am "THE" Elgin Baylor collector. Collecting basketball cards since 1992. You may know me from other places as "SportsItUpCards" or "Gio"

Collecting:

Elgin Baylor

Steve Francis 1999-00 Rare cards #'d to 100 or less

facebook.com/groups/SportsCardsHobbyTalk

ooo nice holoview heroes! Mine came back .5 away from gem...as did 4 others in that order. I think somebody had it out for me Sad
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

To get a 9.5 GEM MINT grade from BGS you must have the following:

1. At least 3 out of the four sub-grades at 9.5 or better

AND

2. The lowest sub-grade cannot be lower than a 9

Despite the fact he had 3 9.5's on the card, the surface sub-grade was below the 9 threshold and that's why it remained a 9.

Still a freaking awesome card and those are INCREDIBLY tough to find that centered up, let alone in that good of overall condition. That card should fetch a nice price for sure.

The centering and corners are weighed heavier for bgs so 3 10's or 9.5's will not bump up a whole grade if it is relied on that.

The 8.5 doesn't have that printing error next to his head, though.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.