`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Been bothering me a bit

RE: Been bothering me a bit
I think also its the mentality of the trader with regard to trading down or trading up for example trading 1 high end for another high ender or taking a couple cards for a really nice higher end card. I've traded both ways but mostly with low-mid range cards, not that I don't have high end but I have to be picky as I don't get high end in that often. I've started as a more or less low end trader gotten to mid tier and now some high end trades in but love the ones when you can help out that team collector fill out there holes in their pc or set collectors where bv shouldn't matter if both sides are happy whether it is a lopsided trade or not.
Selling my org out
Rolleyes

I didn't read everything everyone wrote but here is my 2 cents

--Both traders need to be happy-- ( I just did a couple amazing deals with Rob ne12bc12. I got over $300 in BV for my 100-150. But we both were happy. I cleared out a lot of his junk and he got some sweet high end cards) I also just did a trade with Simon roger rabbit. We both gave up some sweet cards and some didn't have values marked but we worked it out. I even messaged him and said hey this Ripken TTT I bought for the same as Beckett has it listed so please take that into consideration

-- also BV for BV doesn't always work. Look at the Ricky Henderson rookie (I have mentioned this before in numerous threads) it books over $100. No one on here or anywhere for that matter is going to trade me a $100 bowman chrome auto or any $100 card for that matter for it when you can go to eBay and buy the Ricky for under $20

I think there is no right or wrong answer. There can be frustrating views from both sides. I think as long as both sides are getting a trade they want then they find a way to make it work. I think my 2 biggest frustrations are first, people are just afraid to say no I don't want to trade. We all have cards listed for trade that we have a predetermined idea what we want for it. I may have 2 different autos that book for $60, but I'm not trading that Correa for a few $20 O's cards, while player B I may be willing to trade down on. Instead of people communicating and saying no, they make up excuses or just don't counter....just ssy no I'm looking for a 1 for 1 or I don't see a card I want for it. The second thing that frustrates me is if I'm looking for 8 base/rc/numbered cards that hit a book value of $40 please don't counter with s $40 auto....try to match to what I'm asking for. I'm not saying I won't trade a auto for base at times or vice versa but the deal has to be right. Sometimes you will have cards the other guy wsnts, but since you won't trade down that auto the deal is dead.

I try not to complain much because the point is to have fun. I just think it's ok to say no to a offer without upsetting someone...but when you make up the excuses of its in another trade, or oops I sold it, or hmmm Why's thst there...that's when I get frustrated. As far as the eBay pricing, I think that we have all looked at what some of our cards sell for before. I understand the idea or referencing it for NA cards, but still everyone needs to understand that cash money is different then trade value. That's why trading is so great, we can trade cards for cards we want and get BV for them. You can trade $40 card for $40 card. It's no different than selling $40 card on ebay for $25 and buying the $40 card you want for $25 in the end. The reality is ehen people buy on eBay it's often because they don't have to pay book value. For trade purposes though it's gotta be bv for bv to me. But sometimes I'll give someone over book value if it's a card I reslly want as well. There are so many scenarios that it'll always be different. That is why honest communication shoild as less be part of a trade to me.

Totally Understand rpeterson369. And i agree on the Corrrea vs common cards. I think thats an insult. Common for common imo. And yeah, Correa is the big topic. One trader wanted 100 bv for a Sterling auto of his. 2013 to be exact. I responded and said the last few have sold near or below bv. on the high end. He then explains well the bv hasnt caught up yet to ebay sales. I laughed and then proceded and showed him the ones that were sold. He got made and then said i am done trading with you. once again i laughed and said good luck to you and that Correa. But if someone wants a high end card of mine, i expect he or she to have somewhere near close to what they want. Dont piss in the wind and tell me its rain. You want my 150 bv card, i would like close the same. maybe 2. thanks for the feedback all.

We have worked several deals, so I don't have a problem working with you, Joe.
Looking for autos of these players as well as established stars and superstars.
[Image: bannerwork.jpg]

http://s212.photobucket.com/user/tdog677...te=replace

I've never traded based on sv and never will, that's why I love beckett cause most of us are collectors. Were not out for sv were out to trade, and like you said, have fun!
[Image: drdwe0.jpg]

I'm with you. The only time I would reference eBay is if there was no BV listed. Then it's nice just to see a baseline (if one exists) but trade value is still different than sale value.
Mike Piazza supercollector: 4,267 different Beckett items
Also collecting John Franco, Eric Karros, Al Leiter, Brandon Nimmo, Todd Pratt, Robin Ventura, Turk Wendell, and Todd Zeile

Many traders I have encountered try and take advantage of beckett's delays and go after a high BV of $12 auto that is selling for double than that at the moment.

Ultimately, if it is only a few bucks, or $20-30 in a higher end or larger trade, I'm not sweating it. But trading blindly by BV, isn't good business in my book... For example, someone wanted a $60 BV card from me, that typically sells for $35 on eBay. I wanted a stanton auto of theirs that booked for $60. They said no because it was an sp in the set and was selling for $60+. I did not know and offered to let them find a card to make up the difference... Can't expect them to simply give me a far more valuable card just because beckett is out of date or hasn't updated! people do take wayyyy to much liberty with the whole eBay thing though... They start squabbling over small amounts, only referencing the higher or out of date sales etc... But I do feel that it needs to be accounted for and between two reasonable people, it shouldn't be a problem.

There are some annoying traders joe. I had a trader ask me to check them for a $50 BV card that sells really well, around high BV. I asked for a $15 auto that sells around $12 and some set needs that equalled out in BV. The trader shot it down because "this guy is going to be a stud... And only go up in value..." That guy is on DL, that card is selling for $8, and my griffey/mcgwire/alomar relic is still hovering around high BV in sales.

You are one of the good ones. When you want a card, I know you are prepared to give to get. There is part of me that feels the person who initiates the trade needs to be more flexible with what they are going to give up.
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

I've always just found if everyone doesn't get offended by a discussion around price and can just play nice in the sandbox, it'll eventually work out!

If I or the person I am trading with wants more for a particular card for whatever reason (no price in beckett due to low print run, high graded card, favorite player, etc.) the other party can either accept or not accept that value. Simply put, some cards or worth more to some folks than others for a variety of reasons.

If the other person's valuations are way out of line in my opinion, I just cancel the trade but always put in a comment like, "sorry, we couldn't work something out this time, thanks for looking." I am sure someone has done the same to me as well to me. However, if it's something that is really ridiculous I do always keep that in the back of my mind for future trades with that person.

Happy Trading!
Thanks,
- Steve