`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unreal eBay buyer

Unreal eBay buyer
I have a listing for 1993 Bowman Baseball cards. You get to choose 25. It is a buy it now for only $2.50 with free shipping. I had someone message me for a discount since they only need 10. UGH!!! It costs the same amount to ship 10 as it does 25, so my expenses have not changed. Getting very tired of the people that just do not understand retail. Everyone wants their crap for free.

RE: Unreal eBay buyer
That's a bad business model for you period, buddy. Sell for $2.50, lose 15% to eBay fees = $2.13, even if you do find a way to sneak that under 3 oz, between a team bag and padded envelope, I can't see how you are sneaking a penny of money in your pocket
I won a yelich card for .38 plus free shipping a while back... Couldn't help but shake my head...
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

Sheeeeet, you guys think that's bad?

I once put a hand-collated 2006 Topps football set on the bay, and guessed on the shipping price of $7.

The set went for 99 cents and the shipping cost me $11, so I actually paid someone $3 to take my set away from me.

And the worst part is, the guy worked for the Minnesota Vikings, so I was like "bro, in light of this awful transaction, you think you could hook me up with like a signed Adrian Peterson card or photo or something?"

And he was like, "no, sorry, but thanks for the set."

(08-11-2015, 06:25 PM)petillo64 Wrote: That's a bad business model for you period, buddy. Sell for $2.50, lose 15% to eBay fees = $2.13, even if you do find a way to sneak that under 3 oz, between a team bag and padded envelope, I can't see how you are sneaking a penny of money in your pocket
I won a yelich card for .38 plus free shipping a while back... Couldn't help but shake my head...
I am on micropayment discounts with PayPal, and the listing as with ALL free shipping listings is to encourae multi item purchases. I am only pocketing a small amount on this listing, but when combined with a bunch of other items I actually come out ok. I am not trying to make a killing here, but the gall of people wanting more for less these days. You see it here as well. When a member has discounted items heavily and still have tose that want them for another $1 off. Gee whiz.

(08-11-2015, 06:41 PM)GoStros Wrote: I am on micropayment discounts with PayPal, and the listing as with ALL free shipping listings is to encourae multi item purchases. I am only pocketing a small amount on this listing, but when combined with a bunch of other items I actually come out ok. I am not trying to make a killing here, but the gall of people wanting more for less these days. You see it here as well. When a member has discounted items heavily and still have tose that want them for another $1 off. Gee whiz.
Ah. I see.

Yeah, showed absolutely no clue on their end. Just buy the dang 25 cards and do what they want with the extras!
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

Wow, I mail smaller sets (600 cards or less) in a flat rate envelop. It's $5.05 or something like that on paypal shipping.

Might want to look into that. Can easily fit 2 300-count boxes in there, which would fill up to a 600-card set.

(08-11-2015, 06:29 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Sheeeeet, you guys think that's bad?

I once put a hand-collated 2006 Topps football set on the bay, and guessed on the shipping price of $7.

The set went for 99 cents and the shipping cost me $11, so I actually paid someone $3 to take my set away from me.

And the worst part is, the guy worked for the Minnesota Vikings, so I was like "bro, in light of this awful transaction, you think you could hook me up with like a signed Adrian Peterson card or photo or something?"

And he was like, "no, sorry, but thanks for the set."

(08-12-2015, 05:16 PM)crazyforkinsler5 Wrote: Wow, I mail smaller sets (600 cards or less) in a flat rate envelop. It's $5.05 or something like that on paypal shipping.

Might want to look into that. Can easily fit 2 300-count boxes in there, which would fill up to a 600-card set.
Yeah, I'm sure there were all kinds of better ways to do it, LOL ... I don't believe they had the flat rate boxes back then.

But if I ever recover from such a ripoff and decide to sell a set again I'll look into it, thanks very much.

(08-12-2015, 06:05 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Yeah, I'm sure there were all kinds of better ways to do it, LOL ... I don't believe they had the flat rate boxes back then.

But if I ever recover from such a ripoff and decide to sell a set again I'll look into it, thanks very much.
It is not a ripoff. You have to be dilligent when determining shipping cost. There is money to be made on eBay, but you really have to do your homework, and really work at it.

(08-12-2015, 09:51 PM)GoStros Wrote: It is not a ripoff. You have to be dilligent when determining shipping cost. There is money to be made on eBay, but you really have to do your homework, and really work at it.
It was more of an emotional ripoff than an actual one. Of course it was on me to do more research, obviously.

(08-14-2015, 05:34 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: It was more of an emotional ripoff than an actual one. Of course it was on me to do more research, obviously.
I think we have all done it, at least once.